Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community content

Discover
Samsung Content Creator
Options

Content alert! There are loads of goodies – both original pieces and revamped oldies – set to fly into the Community in upcoming months. You’ll still see the classics like news and competition updates, but there are also some brand-new serial features to get excited about.

Going forward, Community Care will be your one-stop shop for info about changes on the platform, new content releases and developments. In this first post, we're introducing you to some of the titles you can expect to see more of: 

Samsung Hacks

Samsung_Hacks_Icon_Round.pngEach of these little hack-bites will uncover a supercool feature you might not already know about on your devices. This could be anything from reducing blue light exposure to taking a selfie by saying “cheese” :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:. And we want you to share your own hacks too. What's the coolest hidden feature you can show off? Create a post and use “Samsung Hacks” in the title.

Support Splash

Support_Splash_Icon_Round.pngOur pals at Support are always busy creating useful FAQs, so we’ve decided to bundle together some of the most helpful posts by theme, giving you easy access to all the info you might need to know about a particular topic or device. We'll create similar posts featuring your amazing Community Solutions too so that no one will miss out on any need-to-know info. 

Community Lifestyle

Community_Lifestyle_Icon_Round.pngHere’s where we put a Community twist on some of the cool stuff happening in the wider Samsung universe. We want to get up close and personal with new releases, features and news, to offer practical insights and alternative uses or recommendations. We'll also invite you to share your opinion on topics and stories published on Explore and the Samsung Newsrooms worldwide. 

Community Care

Community_Care_Icon_Round.pngThese articles will show you how to get the very most out of your Community, from rule changes, badge launches and announcements to how to change your avatar and cool stuff like that. They'll also keep you informed about features you may otherwise be unaware of and update you with general housekeeping notices. Keep an eye on these articles if you want to stay in the loop.

Samsung Service

Samsung_Service_Icon_Round.pngMaking sure our tech is doing its job to keep enhancing your work, social and private lives is our top priority, and why we love hearing from you so much in the Community. We're continuously looking for innovative ways to improve the support experience for everyone, and we'll use Samsung Service articles to make sure you stay up-to-date with the hottest customer service developments.  

Have an idea about a topic or theme for any of the new categories? Leave it in the comments!

Keep doing what you can't, 

The Community Team 🤝

11 Comments
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I will let you surprise me, keep up the great job! ^-^ 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly looks cool, a few interesting developments :smiling-face:

SJC475
First Poster
Options
Looks like fun
MickCid
Student
Options

A little tip to share, in view of the current Covid 19 situation I carry an old bottle of unwanted aftershave to use as a hand sanitizer, it's alcohol based which should do the job ìin that awkward moment.

Chazelly
First Poster
Options

Help please. Obviously tapped a wrong button on my remote control. Now, try as I might, can't get rid of an annoying voice describing whatever is on-screen. Perhaps meant for the blind---though why someone visually handicapped would want to 'watch' TV I can't imagine...

Does anyone know how I  can switch off this "facility"?  Thank you.

DannyT
Options

Hey @Chazelly.

Not sure which phone you have, so these steps might be a little different. But head to Settings > Accesibility > Screen Reader.

Hope this helps!

AntS
Options

@Chazelly , But if it’s for a TV 😉 , the exact steps will also depend on which model you have. For example, for a Q900R it’s:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Voice Guide Settings > Voice Guide; and disable/enable it.

SPD
First Poster
Options

help l saved various passwords in my Samsung notes. they have dissapeared. how can l get them back????

AntS
Options

@SPD , Which  model device are you using?

Any joy with finding and restoring them from Samsung Notes > 3 lines (Menu; on the left hand side) > Recycle bin?

If not, have you backed up the data of your device recently, e.g. using Smart Switch, so that you could restore them from that?

boushra
First Poster
Options
thank u for the hacks can I ask what to look out for when changing wall paper other than the design.
ELMO29
Apprentice
Options

good tips, hints, and other user experiences that help improve your user experience