Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up your data

Discover
Samsung Content Creator
Options

Backing_up_your_data.pngOur personal devices become a digital footprint of our entire lives. Everything from our documents and jogging route home to those photos of a friend’s dog looking guilty next to a broken biscuit tin is in them.

So it goes without saying how important it is to keep all that good stuff backed up and safe. It’s also a job that can feel a little intimidating, especially to those of us that don’t keep up with our digital housekeeping very regularly. So here on the Community we’ve gathered up a mix of useful Support posts, to help break down some options and methods for backing up your data.

How do I back up data to my Google account from my Samsung Galaxy device?

How do I back up data such as photos and videos to Dropbox from my Samsung Galaxy device?

What is Samsung Cloud and how do I use it to back up or restore my data?

How do I back up data using my Samsung account?

How to back up or restore WhatsApp data

We hope you found this Support Splash helpful, 

The Community Team :handshake:

Discover more:

TV Support Splash: Product Help and Maintenance 

Support Splash: Washing machine maintenance

5 Comments
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I personally my outlook account to backup my contacts, mail and calendar items and onedrive for photo's. To be extra secure I also upload the photo's to my synology server (And make a backup from my office365 account with my synology server. 

A good backup gives peace of mind. One of the experiences everyone wishes to avoid is the experience of having a broken phone without a proper backup ^-^

Be safe, use protection, make a backup :smiling-face:

(Also, Samsung cloud is great! Smart Switch can also be used for quick backups). 

BackDaws
Navigator
Options

Since the android 10 update my Samsung pass cant sync with cloud for some reason, I've tried clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling and eventually a factory reset but its stuck on the "can't sync".Screenshot_20200130-201642_Samsung Cloud.jpg

Paulie24
Samsung Helper
Options

Great article, its fantastic how much easier moving your data safely and securely is done. I am definitely a fan of Samsung Smart Switch, especially using over wifi or BT

Em3rGeNcY
First Poster
Options

WebGezgini
Journeyman
Options

Great article, its fantastic how much easier moving your data safely and securely is done. I am definitely a fan of Samsung Smart Switch, especially using over wifi or BT.