Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX ONE X Question - (VRR Passthrough?)

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 06:14 AM)
RussShaw
First Poster
Options

Looking for some help here with my current set up.

I’ve found elsewhere online a suggestion to connect the Xbox One X straight into my Samsung HWQ90R Soundbar and utilise the 4K pass through to the TV, and then connect the TV to the soundbar.

This works fine, I’ve had no issues BUT I only recently realised I’m not taking advantage of the LGC9’s VRR capability. 
I’m fairly certain the Soundbar doesn’t allow for VRR pass through. 

Now, the flip side of this is that by connecting the Xbox One X into the TV and then running the TV to the Soundbar, is that I lose the True Dolby Atmos feature, or so I’ve read.

Does anyone else have a similar set up? And if they do, what is more beneficial? I’m sure that currently there’s no way to have both VRR and TDA so I have to choose between the two.

Will I experience much of an improvement using VRR? The C9 has a low input game mode which has proved to be great.

Not sure I want to sacrifice the Dolby if I’m not going to notice much change.

Thanks

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Tardigrade
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much SjorsK!

As you say, hopefully a moderator will read this and will notify Samsung. 

_oSo_
Navigator
Options
Hi, I was wondering if someone found a solution to this issue. I have a Samsung Q90R tv connected to a HW Q90R soundbar and an Xbox One X connected to the tv.
The tv and sound bar are connected using the HDMI ARC. The Xbox is connected to the tv using HDMI using the original HDMI cables that’ came with the Xbox console.
When using the tv apps like Netflix, Amazon Vídeo or VUDU and watching Dolby Atmos content the soundbar detects this audio signal and shows Dolby Atmos on the display. But when using the same apps on the Xbox I can only get 5.1 instead of Atmos. I am wondering if is there a way I can get Atmos from the Xbox, if so how can it be done.
0 Likes
Blib
Explorer
Options

Did anyone figure out if the HW-Q90R did suport VRR passthrough?

0 Likes
kiMl0m
First Poster
Options

@_oSo_ wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if someone found a solution to this issue. I have a Samsung Q90R tv connected to a HW Q90R soundbar and an Xbox One X connected to the tv.
The tv and sound bar are connected using the HDMI ARC. The Xbox is connected to the tv using HDMI using the original HDMI cables that’ came with the Xbox console.
When using the tv apps like Netflix, Amazon Vídeo or VUDU and watching Dolby Atmos content the soundbar detects this audio signal and shows Dolby Atmos on the display. But when using the same apps on the Xbox I can only get 5.1 instead of Atmos. I am wondering if is there a way I can get Atmos from the Xbox, if so how can it be done.

Wow so you were able to get dolby atmos content on the TV, when you connected the Xbox to the TV and the TV to the soundbar via ARC port ? 

0 Likes
Simonzo
Journeyman
Options

I believe you can only get true dolby atmos if you connect your xbox through your soundbar but you wont be able to use the VRR(variable refresh rate) on the xbox.

0 Likes
Adeone
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem,Atmos doesn't work when Xbox connected directly to tv. And actually Netflix etc doesn't output Atmos from the tv apps even though it's meant to. My workaround was to connect an Amazon cube to Samsung soundbars for Atmos content,Xbox direct to tv for gaming. TV is Q90,soundbat K950.

0 Likes