Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Wireless Rear Speaker Alternatives???

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 09:22 AM)
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,   so having just spent £1600 on a Samsung QE55Q95T Tv and Samsung HW-Q60T Soundbar i also was pleased to find out i could also purchase the additional "wireless" (using the term loosely)  SWA-8500S Rear Speaker Kit.

This is when it started to go downhill as i now find apart from being discontinued by Samsung the SWA-8500 kit is discontinued probably because there are many complaints about the lack of sound from the rear speakers and various unwanted sounds since a software update from Samsung!

So i was wondering are there any alternatives to to 8500 which will work with the Q60T soundbar or is it not worth the money?

There are a few for sale on Fleabay etc but mostly in usa which are on 110 volt so that will mean an additional power supply, im in uk

Are Samsung likely to bring out new models specially considering the Q60T is a 2020 model?

Should i stick with just the Q60T? I dont watch a lot of movies

Be gentle please guys, am new here 😄

Thanks for all your advice

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

Cheers Dooy, will give the hdmi cable a go, thanks very much for all your help...stu

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
dooy
Explorer
Options
I'm trying to find out the same with samsung but none off them no nothing. hopefully they will bring out a new model. also I've heard in reviews that the swa-9000s work even though they say they are not compatible.
dooy
Explorer
Options
managed to buy some swa-8500s on amazon last night for £145 including delivery.
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

Hi Dooy, good find mate, you cant beat Amazon, ive ordered a SWA -8500 from a german site called Grooves Land for £118 but the dispatch date keeps changing, im hoping they will fulfil my order as have recently read some stories of people ordering but waiting ages for their order. fingers crossed

dooy
Explorer
Options
did you get them?
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

hi dooy, well Grooves Land have said they have dispatched them and Parcelforce say they have arrived in the UK so expecting them any day now

dooy
Explorer
Options
I'm still waiting on mine too. wish they would hurry up.
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

Mine have arrived from Germany, took just under 3 weeks from ordering to receiving, brand new £118 from groove land 

dooy
Explorer
Options
thats good. mine has tracking on now should be here for Monday. is it any good?
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

yes they look good, lots of complaints though saying not loud enough, i think they are to add to the sound experience rather than be louder than the soundbar