Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Wireless Rear Speaker Alternatives???

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 07:39 PM)
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,   so having just spent £1600 on a Samsung QE55Q95T Tv and Samsung HW-Q60T Soundbar i also was pleased to find out i could also purchase the additional "wireless" (using the term loosely)  SWA-8500S Rear Speaker Kit.

This is when it started to go downhill as i now find apart from being discontinued by Samsung the SWA-8500 kit is discontinued probably because there are many complaints about the lack of sound from the rear speakers and various unwanted sounds since a software update from Samsung!

So i was wondering are there any alternatives to to 8500 which will work with the Q60T soundbar or is it not worth the money?

There are a few for sale on Fleabay etc but mostly in usa which are on 110 volt so that will mean an additional power supply, im in uk

Are Samsung likely to bring out new models specially considering the Q60T is a 2020 model?

Should i stick with just the Q60T? I dont watch a lot of movies

Be gentle please guys, am new here 😄

Thanks for all your advice

13 REPLIES 13
dooy
Explorer
Options
got mine yesterday. from what I've experienced so far if you whack them up to 6 and don't push the wires in too far they are plenty loud enough. sounds amazing on the dts virtual sound mode.
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

Hi Dooy, yea my volume on them not great even on +6. Am i right in thinking you should use an optical cable? mine comes out of the one connect box to the soundbar. still confused which settings to use

0 Likes
dooy
Explorer
Options
I use a hdmi cables are the best on arc I've got the samsung q80t tv.
0 Likes
Solution
trainspotter375
Journeyman
Options

Cheers Dooy, will give the hdmi cable a go, thanks very much for all your help...stu

0 Likes