Support

Open search

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hi everyone,

 

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

 

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

839 REPLIES 839
Highlighted

This is very strange,I thought that Q90r can passthrough Dolby Vision....

Highlighted

@zoric wrote:

This is very strange,I thought that Q90r can passthrough Dolby Vision....


strange, my post on this.topic just disappeared. 

Highlighted
Lol...Anyway,I support all things you said...I would check again for Dolby Vision support,because alot of people confirmed that Q90r can pass Dolby Vision...
Highlighted

@zoric wrote:
Lol...Anyway,I support all things you said...I would check again for Dolby Vision support,because alot of people confirmed that Q90r can pass Dolby Vision...

All that for nothing. ha. it's like someone didn't like what i was saying and made it go away. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me. I'm especially surprised that the Apple TV doesn't pass through the Dolby Vision. That's a big fail in my opinion.

Highlighted

Would it be possible that I am getting Dolby Vision to pass through the soundbar but my TV is not showing it in the source info for some reason? I don't have another HDR capable TV just laying around to check. lol.

Highlighted
Hmmm,I’m not familiar with your TV,but on my LG C9 there is always info when HDR,DV,Atmos is on...
Highlighted

@abc123xyz wrote:

@zoric wrote:
Lol...Anyway,I support all things you said...I would check again for Dolby Vision support,because alot of people confirmed that Q90r can pass Dolby Vision...

All that for nothing. ha. it's like someone didn't like what i was saying and made it go away. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me. I'm especially surprised that the Apple TV doesn't pass through the Dolby Vision. That's a big fail in my opinion.


I actually see your post at the bottom of page 29 :).

Highlighted

@zoric wrote:
Hmmm,I’m not familiar with your TV,but on my LG C9 there is always info when HDR,DV,Atmos is on...

when i run the source directly to the my TV it  clearly shows that Dolby Vision is being input, so when it's not there I'm probably not getting DV. I'm  just trying to come up with theories sfor what's going on. Anyone with a Panasonic OLED and the HW-Q90R have any thoughts on this?

Highlighted

My Nvidia Shield TV 2019 defenitely passes through Dolby Vision to my LG Oled B6. This just works.

Highlighted

Just a quick update about the issues with my Xbox one X not playing Dolby Atmos on netflix  but working on c9 netflix app and Apple TV netflix app. After speaking to Microsoft Xbox department it was a issue with my Dolby Access app preventing it working. I had to uninstall re download it and set it up again for headphones and home theater. Now it works fine but still with the major lip sync issues. Maybe that's why the Xbox has lip sync issues because of via the Dolby Access app, who knows !

Top Liked Authors