Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 06:37 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
fifise
Explorer
Options

@MMIX wrote:

@Zaxxan wrote:
So it's my fault that Samsung promise an update and then don't deliver? Are you a Samsung employee by any chance?

The question is, if eARC is so important to you, why did you buy a Samsung TV with no eARC and no guarantee for an update?

I understand that it is important to you, no matter what feature. But if that's the case, I don't buy a part that's missing that feature.

Because Samsung promise it would come, and normaly compagny keep there word (it make sence when all the other compagny have promise it and update there firmware with it). 

0 Likes
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

Then please send a source here in the thread where this was officially confirmed by Samsung before January 2020. Samsung confirmed before January 2020 only eARC for soundbars like the HW-Q90r, not for TVs. This only CES 2020.

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

@MMIX wrote:

Then please send a source here in the thread where this was officially confirmed by Samsung before January 2020. Samsung confirmed before January 2020 only eARC for soundbars like the HW-Q90r, not for TVs. This only CES 2020.

It's irrelevant when it was promised the fact is that they HAVE promised and they have failed to deliver on that promise. This looks really bad on Samsung in my opinion. 

0 Likes
fifise
Explorer
Options

@Zaxxan wrote:

@MMIX wrote:

It's irrelevant when it was promised the fact is that they HAVE promised and they have failed to deliver on that promise. This looks really bad on Samsung in my opinion. 

I think we are wasting our time answering to this guy, he is more interested to have the last word than have a true discussion: he is a troll or a fanboy 

0 Likes
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

I'm still waiting for a source from you where Samsung said before January 2020 that the update is coming. Thought you checked it out and read this. Can't be that hard, at least a link to Posten. The link please and than I say here to you "You were right and I was wrong. I apologize for my statement". 

By the way, if you look at the interview from HDTV Test with Samsung about the CES 2020 and they talk about the update, it doesn't sound like they announced it officially before, does it?

So I stick to my statement: You bought a TV before January 2020 without eARC and without any promise of an update although eARC is important to you. I do not understand sorry. 

What we all agree on is the fact that since the official announcement of Samsung's CES 2020, seven months have passed, which is definitely too long.

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

@MMIX wrote:

I'm still waiting for a source from you where Samsung said before January 2020 that the update is coming. Thought you checked it out and read this. Can't be that hard, at least a link to Posten. The link please and than I say here to you "You were right and I was wrong. I apologize for my statement". 

By the way, if you look at the interview from HDTV Test with Samsung about the CES 2020 and they talk about the update, it doesn't sound like they announced it officially before, does it?

So I stick to my statement: You bought a TV before January 2020 without eARC and without any promise of an update although eARC is important to you. I do not understand sorry. 

What we all agree on is the fact that since the official announcement of Samsung's CES 2020, seven months have passed, which is definitely too long.

Perhaps they have better things to do with their time rather than comply with your demands. You are being pedantic and are adding no value to this thread.

0 Likes
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

So this is the first sign of surrender? I've named at least one source, otherwise nothing's coming.

Why can no one give me a source with an official statement Samsung? Right, there won't be one until January 2020. So, sorry. So if you can't officially refute it, please don't spread false information.

Otherwise please give us a link.....

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

@MMIX wrote:

So this is the first sign of surrender? I've named at least one source, otherwise nothing's coming.

Why can no one give me a source with an official statement Samsung? Right, there won't be one until January 2020. So, sorry. So if you can't officially refute it, please don't spread false information.

Otherwise please give us a link.....

Yawn

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

Could you please talk about your TVs somewhere else? This thread is for Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar.

Thanks.

0 Likes