Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 11:36 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
denodan
Navigator
Options

I am happy getting full dolby atmos through my soundbar using my Xbox One X and 4k atmos bluray player which also has dolby vision so no need for me or anyone else to moan.

If you expect atmos through tv speakers then you will never get good atmos.

Most people dont use tv speakers but go straight though a dedicated sound system or soundbar as tv speakers dont do sound any justice

fifise
Explorer
Options
Its always funny how some who don't know what there are speaking about are so load.

You cannot use VRR if your XBox is plug on the sound bar.
If you have more than 2 device that can play atmos you just cannot get atmos from all of them.

Good for you If you are happy with it, like I said just go read somewhere else. let the one who need it ask samsung to keep there words
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

I am getting VVR through soundbar on my Xbox and confirmed it by looking at Xbox graphics settings list and Indicates it's on.

Get atmos through my 4k atmos bluray player and xbox running through soundbar.

denodan
Navigator
Options

You will never keep up with techology. Earc now in a few years maybe eARC 2.

Ps5 3D sound is meant to be even better than atmos anyway and does not need expensive sound system setups.

Even Dolby are running scared of ps5 sound chip techology.

In a few years time people will be moaning again as eARC input will change again.

0 Likes
fifise
Explorer
Options

@denodan wrote:

You will never keep up with techology. Earc now in a few years maybe eARC 2.

Ps5 3D sound is meant to be even better than atmos anyway and does not need expensive sound system setups.

Even Dolby are running scared of ps5 sound chip techology.

In a few years time people will be moaning again as eARC input will change again.

You are missing the point, the point is that Samsung made some promise to there customer and many bought tere product on those promise. Now customer want samsung to be true to there word.

As I said if you are happy to be lied to, good for you !

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options
So it's my fault that Samsung promise an update and then don't deliver? Are you a Samsung employee by any chance?

Samsung didn't advertise that their flagship TV has major lipsync issues or is that my fault as well?

'Come down look at your own nose'? How old are you 5?
0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options
who mentioned TV speakers? Most people have a soundbar myself included.
0 Likes
fifise
Explorer
Options

@Zaxxan wrote:
who mentioned TV speakers? Most people have a soundbar myself included.

Someone that think that because it's good enought for him, it should be good enough for everyone :winking-face:

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

Not boring but clearly right.

0 Likes
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

@Zaxxan wrote:
So it's my fault that Samsung promise an update and then don't deliver? Are you a Samsung employee by any chance?

The question is, if eARC is so important to you, why did you buy a Samsung TV with no eARC and no guarantee for an update?

I understand that it is important to you, no matter what feature. But if that's the case, I don't buy a part that's missing that feature.

Or do you see it differently?

It's the same with Dolby Vision. If this is important to me, I don't buy a Samsung TV, not even with the hope of getting an update.

0 Likes