Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 10:30 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
BAhire
Apprentice
Options

Check your TV sound output if its set to Bitstream output. 

0 Likes
stoneagem
Explorer
Options

Did you experience quite rears over earc?

0 Likes
Fmx25
First Poster
Options

I still hope that Samsung will relaease Earc update for 2019 Qled series. Otherwise I won't buy again a Samsung Tv. I have bought a Q70 soundbar along with a Q90R 75" Tv and I think that they should both get Earc update for flawless working. Soundbar has already received the update, I can't see a reason for the Tv (which are part of the same line) for not getting it.

0 Likes
Phoenix85
Pioneer
Options

Is there something new regarding the eArc Update for Q90R TV?

0 Likes
Adartsson
Apprentice
Options

@Phoenix85 wrote:

Is there something new regarding the eArc Update for Q90R TV?

Ive read somewhere mid of july

0 Likes
storkmusic
Explorer
Options
I certainly hope so
0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

Well the latest firmware 1361 still doesn't have the earc update. What are Samsung upto? They keep promising the update and then failing to deliver, surely they must realise that this is bad for their business. If they don't deliver the earc update by the end if this month I will never buy another Samsung product ever again. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
So what? Atmos through tv speakers is *****. Got atmos directly through soundbar and Xbox.

I get atmos running Netflix using the Samsung sounbar and tv sound going through soundbar.

You will never get good atmos going through poor tv speakers.
0 Likes
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

@Zaxxan wrote:

If they don't deliver the earc update by the end if this month I will never buy another Samsung product ever again. 

When did you buy your 2019 QLED? If before January, it's your own fault because it was only in January that Samsung announced the update. All buyers before knew explicitly that the TV has no eARC. So it's not Samsung's fault, if eARC is so important to you, you should have bought another TV.

Sorry, it's your own fault. Inform before you buy, right? Or do you also buy a car without air conditioning if you need air conditioning?

I don't understand why some people put so much pressure here. All buyers before January 2020 knew that the TV had no eARC and Samsung had never promised or announced this until January 2020.

So come down and take a look at your own nose.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Anyway I thought I read in here somewhere were they reckoned eARC was coming to the Q90R this month sometime?

0 Likes