Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 11:23 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Alexandri
Pathfinder
Options

Hey. 

today Samsung send ne the 1369 Update. 

but this update doesnt include eARC for Samsung qled TV 😞

C23C5DD2-C0FA-41D3-BD62-F6326F9C8B5E.jpeg

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Q900R not yet... 🙂 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
No still have no issues. Used netflix on my nvida shield with its netflix app and still no lip sync issues
0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

That's bad news. My gut feeling is that Samsung are going to go back on their promise for the earc update. It looks to me that they can't actually get the earc firmware working on the Q90R. 

0 Likes
storkmusic
Explorer
Options

Samsung just updated their q90 soundbar to allow eARC compatibility with other brand tvs like LG. Onkyo has updated the  firmware on their midlevel receivers from 2018 to allow eARC. Samsung should have no technical problem keeping this promise to update the  2019 QLED tvs. If they don't keep this promise, it will be a marketing decision on their part, and those of us with high end home theater systems will have to make our own marketing decisions about including Samsung in future purchases. I don't know what the hold up is, but I don't think they will renig on this promise.

Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

I hope you are right

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Well the 2020 tvs have e ARC and the soundbar was added eARC. Still think the q90r tv will get it. With the 2020 model tvs just coming out with earc and soundbar. They cannot do everything at once. Think of will still come but could see planning and making the new 2020 models and soundbar earc update would have taken up most of their time.
0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

@denodan wrote:
Well the 2020 tvs have e ARC and the soundbar was added eARC. Still think the q90r tv will get it. With the 2020 model tvs just coming out with earc and soundbar. They cannot do everything at once. Think of will still come but could see planning and making the new 2020 models and soundbar earc update would have taken up most of their time.

They will probably be planning the 2021 models now then 🙁

Style34
First Poster
Options

Hi, guys,

I just bought Sony XG950 and a soundbar Samsung Q70R. I have connected them via eARC HDMI.

The soundbar displays eARC. But when I play a Dolby Atmos movie with Kodi or other player, the soundbar does not show "Dolby Atmos".

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Phoenix85
Pioneer
Options

Was soll diese Version bringen an Veränderungen?

0 Likes