Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 03:18 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
jobean
Navigator
Options

More LG C9 users who still have some lip sync issues with eARC? I have this high quality HDMI cable but there is still some delay in the audio. Syncing is not an option because I only can make the audio come later not earlier..

Any solutions?

0 Likes
DerwDerw
Apprentice
Options
I have the same. Video slightly behind audio!
0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

I am starting to think it's an issue with the TV, not the soundbar

0 Likes
DerwDerw
Apprentice
Options
It most certainly is... I tried both a Sony surround sound system and a LG SY10 soundbar. The TV’s processing is always behind the sound...
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

@DerwDerw 

Go try in TV settings chose sync + or - select...and in soundbar try +or - sync...

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

@Ivan1979 wrote:

@DerwDerw 

Go try in TV settings chose sync + or - select...and in soundbar try +or - sync...

The prolem is that you can't adjust it lower then 0 so you can only make the audio come in later instead of earlier (sorry for the bad english)

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

@DerwDerw 

Ok,try then on TV + or - ....My TV is factory on 40 (sync) and on Q90R soundbar is on 0 (sync)...or try get another HDMI,maybe 2.1 version...

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Why are you guys getting lag with sound running through sound bar?

Run my q90R through my Q90R soundbar and never have an issue with lag or lip sync issues and never needed to adjust the sync. Both q90r tv and sound bar both set to 100 as standard and lips in perfect sync.

Never have lag issues even when using xbox and Netflix app. No sync issues.

Just dont understand why your having issues? 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

What's the point? You still wont get atmos through your tv or best sound? It would only be useful if you had a hifi system or soundbar with eARC.

Else get an Xbox One X and enjoy full atmos now going directly into soundbar.

Even if tv had eARC it's basically pointless unless you had an eARC connected device also.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
I know my soundbar and tv have sync settings so if needed could adjust one or the other.
0 Likes