Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 25-05-2020 02:46 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
jobean
Navigator
Options

@Ivan1979 wrote:

@jobean 

Where is that passtrough setting on Samsung TV Q900R ? Only DD and DD+ and PCM on my Q900R,show me where I'm wrong ?! I can get on Q90R soundbar Atmos when download movies with mark DD+ 5.1-Atmos...and when I get movie with mark Dolby TrueHD-Atmos only get Dolby Digital on my TV...

Only Dolby Atmos you get with Dolby Digital plus,that's it...

I wish I knew my friend but I have an LG TV. There you can go to HDMI Audio output and set that to Passtrough. Don't know if that also works like that for Samsung

0 Likes
Kiwi84
Apprentice
Options

T

@jobean wrote:

@Ivan1979 wrote:

@jobean 

Where is that passtrough setting on Samsung TV Q900R ? Only DD and DD+ and PCM on my Q900R,show me where I'm wrong ?! I can get on Q90R soundbar Atmos when download movies with mark DD+ 5.1-Atmos...and when I get movie with mark Dolby TrueHD-Atmos only get Dolby Digital on my TV...

Only Dolby Atmos you get with Dolby Digital plus,that's it...

I wish I knew my friend but I have an LG TV. There you can go to HDMI Audio output and set that to Passtrough. Don't know if that also works like that for Samsung

The Samsung Q90 TVs don't have eARC yet, only works on the Soundbar at the moment. Need to have eARC at both ends for it to work

0 Likes
pasab
Apprentice
Options

@Ivan1979 those dd and dd+ are right now the passthrough , when they activate earc I think another line should appear...

0 Likes
Rogmeister
Apprentice
Options
so my has changed. No what I do id only should tv arm

I've tried all sources, unplugging all products and I only get get tv etc. Earc has completely disappeared. Thinking I'm going to return it
0 Likes
q0bra
Journeyman
Options

Updated my Q70R soundbar today. 

I also own the Q70R QLED TV. Useless update for now... But...  ! 

For those who care. . I contacted Samsung via WhatsApp 1 Hour ago, and they just replied 5 minutes ago. 

Q70R TV Will get eARC update as well. He couldn't give a date, but should be somewhere in the next 3 months.. 

storkmusic
Explorer
Options
Great to hear.
0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options

@q0bra  Thanks for putting a bit of hope on the horizon. I've been waiting for the famous eARC update on the QLED lineup for more than a year. Every now and then there are news about the update coming soon... Hopefully this time is for real. 
I have the QLED Q90r TV and the Q90R soundbar, "the perfect match" not so perfect at this moment lol. 

Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

@q0bra 

That's true... My Samsung support Croatia tell me the same thing for my Q900RATXXH 8K TV for update eARC it will be till autumn this 2020 year ! Waiting for it.. 😉

Software version 1294.1 (now) 

Alexandri
Pathfinder
Options

Hey guys, 

the german Support Said thats its possible to get a beta Software of the new 1359. i dont know if it includes eARC. But i try to get as soon as possible. 

you have to call the support! 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Not getting voice sync issues with my q90r tv and q90r soundbar and running in atmos when running through my xbox one x. As the soundbar has been updated to earc means getting true atmos sound and sounds great.

When using Netflix and the app within Xbox tells me if it's in atmos.

When not using the Xbox and just playing sound in Dolby digital I dont have any lip syncing issues

0 Likes