Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 05:27 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Rogmeister
Apprentice
Options

Mines working fine with earc now I've reset it all and its working as well as it was yesterfay. No way sky atmos send 48gbs of data haha

0 Likes
Zumbelico
First Poster
Options

Rogmeister, how did you perform the reset? Also having some issues with muffled sound after the update...

0 Likes
NatFlenders
Explorer
Options

@zoric wrote:

@JayRoman LG CX is not fully capable 2.1 HDMI TV...the speed of HDMI outputs is 40 Gbps while on C9 48 Gbps which is fully capable 2.1 eARC port...didn’t saw that tv on tests ,but there are some videos on Youtube about it...

eARC is not impacted by this limitation, eARC uses own ethernet line of HDMI cable. Also this 40 Gbps are limiting video to 10 bit (instead of 12), but no problem at all as all TVs have max 10 bit panel (including C9 & CX)

Rogmeister
Apprentice
Options

I unplugged the sub and plugged it back in. 

Then I did the same with the left and right channels.

Finally I did the swme with the soundbar.

Once that was dont I u plugged my tv, gave it 20.seconds and plugged it back in.

I then turned my tv off by the remote and saw it turned my sound bar off so I knew I was getting some kind of hdmi control. I turned it back on and earc reappeared and everything started working again

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
I think that C9 can output 12 bit if there is a content...!?
0 Likes
NatFlenders
Explorer
Options

@zoric wrote:
I think that C9 can output 12 bit if there is a content...!?

No, it had only 10 bit panel, you can send 12 but signal but it converts to 10 bit.

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

@jobean 

Where is that passtrough setting on Samsung TV Q900R ? Only DD and DD+ and PCM on my Q900R,show me where I'm wrong ?! I can get on Q90R soundbar Atmos when download movies with mark DD+ 5.1-Atmos...and when I get movie with mark Dolby TrueHD-Atmos only get Dolby Digital on my TV...

Only Dolby Atmos you get with Dolby Digital plus,that's it...

0 Likes
llargator
Student
Options

We would all like to know that, my friend, ;-). Until they update the Qled, at the moment the earc of the bars only works with TVs that have it, like the LG, f ***!

Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

@jga_182

Ok,listen now... I download now this Dolby Atmos demo,what you show here,on my laptop,then transfer on my USB v3.1 (gen1),play on my Q900R TV and on my soundbar is showing DOLBY ATMOS,then I chech in TV settings and it is showing information for format Dolby Digital plus..

This HDMI I have...( it's not important for that what you need) :winking-face:

httpsancta.moja-trgovina.netbinarylibrary886d9de2-447f-4597-bd80-79ee98ae9b52a985212b-6966-4de4-b3c8-abcd59e09fa2.jpg

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

I hope the Q900RATTXH TV is getting update to eARC...

They (Samsung TV's) have too small,too little options of sound choose on they televisions,Samsung is need to change that and add for example Dolby TrueHD etc... That's my opinion !!

0 Likes