Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 10-05-2020 08:47 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Kiwi84
Apprentice
Options

I've since found that with my Xbox one X connected to my C9 and Atmos and eARC on some games do not play sound through my rear speakers (Q90r), Red Dead 2 for example. Turning just normal ARC on fixes it. Sound through rear speakers will play with some games with eARC on but it seems a bit hit and miss.

I'm wonder if it's shoddy/old HDMI cables or not 

0 Likes
bjornland
First Poster
Options

@Amburz57 wrote:

I've only tested it once but lips sync issues are still present with the Xbox one X connected directly to the C9 with Dolby Atmos On. With Dolby Atmos OFF in the same configuration works fine. eARC has made no change in that regard but because I keep reading here that everyone says it's fine now I will test again. I just left Dolby Atmos off via the Xbox one x and use atmos on all other devices. 

I have to use passthrough in the earc settings on my c9, if it's set to auto I still experience audio delay

0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

Only some elements of the sound will come through selected atmos channels but I also have that game so I will also have a check see if it's a universal problem with RDR  on Xbox or if you have a isolated issue. 

0 Likes
Kiwi84
Apprentice
Options

@Amburz57 wrote:

Only some elements of the sound will come through selected atmos channels but I also have that game so I will also have a check see if it's a universal problem with RDR  on Xbox or if you have a isolated issue. 

Yea that'd be sweet.

Like I said if I have Xbox X Atmos on -> C9 -> Q90R eARC on there's no rear sound on RDR2, but I got some with the new Ori and latest Forza, both those titles support Atmos though. But also trying Resident Evil 2, which also supports Atmos, I didn't get any rear sound.

Rear sound can be achieved by changing the xbox to Dolby Digital, but I also had a few issues here getting it to get the rears producing sound straight away.

If I do the same setup but disable eARC on the tv setting and it just connects via ARC, everything that works above still does and everything that didn't work also works this way. But also get audio sync issues.

Possibly I'm a fool and not fully comprehending how it all works, but seems strange that ARC + Atmos gives me rear sound on everything, but eARC + Atmos is pretty selective about what it wants to do.

0 Likes
JayRoman
Student
Options

Hey man, LG CX and Q90r soundbar owner here. I just updated my soundbar with the most recent update, and enabled eARC and pass through on my tv. I'm still getting "TV ARC" on my soundbar instead of eARC no matter what I do. Does anyone have any suggestions, cause I feel like I've tried everything at this point. 

0 Likes
Alex001
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I updated my soundbar q90r to the latest software version 1010.5 and after update I have a

problem.

The tv is samsung q90 is connected to soundbar with hdmi arc ,and when I turn on the TV i have a delay of appear sound for 30sec. 
When i turn on the tv ,instant soundbar appear ON DIN but wait 30sec with no sound and after that it appears TVARC and sound start.

Best regards for help me.

0 Likes
Rogmeister
Apprentice
Options

@JayRoman wrote:

Hey man, LG CX and Q90r soundbar owner here. I just updated my soundbar with the most recent update, and enabled eARC and pass through on my tv. I'm still getting "TV ARC" on my soundbar instead of eARC no matter what I do. Does anyone have any suggestions, cause I feel like I've tried everything at this point. 

I bough the q90r q few days ago. Earc has worked every day except today..ive working up and on switching it on it just says TV ARC now. 

No order why and no settings have changed. Bizarre

0 Likes
Rogmeister
Apprentice
Options

@Rogmeister wrote:

@JayRoman wrote:

I bough the q90r q few days ago. Earc has worked every day except today..ive working up and on switching it on it just says TV ARC now. 

No order why and no settings have changed. Bizarre

So I have no tried unplugging everything.  Started with my sub, then rears, then soundbar. I then unplugged my tv then put them back in the order I took them out.  Put spiderman on and earc appeared and dolby atmos appeared on the screen. 

At least its working for.now

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options

@JayRoman LG CX is not fully capable 2.1 HDMI TV...the speed of HDMI outputs is 40 Gbps while on C9 48 Gbps which is fully capable 2.1 eARC port...didn’t saw that tv on tests ,but there are some videos on Youtube about it...

0 Likes
pasab
Apprentice
Options

anyway with 40gbps you shouldn't have any problem with earc, 2.0b with 18gbps handles it without problem