Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 08:20 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Dannyxcm
Explorer
Options
It is illegal to download movies, if you have the disc you can use makemkv soft and make a remux .mkv file , this is what i do . I have the 2019 nvidia shield and a pc that runs plex server. i have all my movies on my plex server and use the plex player on the nvidia shield to play all my content. It runs atmos truehd , dts:x whatever you throw at it, the shiled runs it. Until yestarday the shield was connected to the soundbar ,but now with the eARC update the shield is connected directly to my B9 oled and works perfectly, and to answer your first question you can also play the movies directly from the shield with a usb HDD connected to it.
Personaly i go the plex server route since i have multiple shields in my house :smiling-face:
Havea good day , hope this helped
Bonz80
Explorer
Options

Danny

I have my C9 and PC with wi-fi connection. I'm just using Plex since yesterday but i noticed a lot of fails running the 4k Remux movies on the Tv. Would it be because of the wi-fi? 

I have some Remux 4K Movies (around 70/80gb) and i can watch them on my tv with a usb hdd, but in any of them the Atmos or Dts:x display on the Hw-q80r soundbar.

-Does the Atmos display show on the HW-Q80R when using the plex player on your Shield?

-What's the Shield 2019 storage (If needed, can i save 4k movies in there)?

-Do you connect your shield with wi-fi or Ethernet cable?

Sorry for all this questions.

Thanks alot :victory-hand:

0 Likes
Dannyxcm
Explorer
Options
-Plex via Wi-fi is a big no, 80 gb remuxes need a stable ethernet connection, it is not going to work on wifi very well ,even if it is wifi AC , buffering will be a issue.
-the shield has 16 gb of storage but has 2 built in usb 3.0 (you can add external hdd no problem), and it is connected via ethernet ,also the plex server(pc ) is connected to the router via ethernet cable.
-yes the soundbar displays (dolby atmos/dts:x ), also on the tv in the information bar dolby atmos is present
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
I've also still got 0033.0 for W and S
0 Likes
Bonz80
Explorer
Options

Soo ethernet connection on Pc (Plex Server) and also on Shield (Plex App). :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

-What external hdd could you recommend? (And is there a storage limit, like the 2Tb hdd limit suported by the Oled TV?)

-If i save the movies to a hdd and connect it to Shield (Plex App), is it still necessary to have the movie files on the pc (Plex server)?

Thank you for all your help :victory-hand:

0 Likes
Jengamen
Student
Options

I have the Q90R soundbar and Nvidia Shield Pro and Atmos works flawlessly through Plex for Atmos movies. 

I bought it in PC Diga in Lisboa.

Jengamen
Student
Options
Also, you can use the Nvidia as the Plex server (instead of the PC)
Adamantine
First Poster
Options

About the 2TB limit for the OLED TV.

I didn't hear about it before your message.

I did plug in 4TB HDD to my OLED TV. Everything works well.

Dannyxcm
Explorer
Options

-all my HDDs are WD but,any external hdd will do , there is no limit from what i know.

-Yes the shield pro can be a plex server as well( not the tube version), i don't use it because in my other rooms i need transcoding and the shield can't handle a 4k transcode. In general the shield can be also a good plex server and player at the same time.

Bonz80
Explorer
Options

I said 2tb because its the limit described in the LG C9 functions guide (usb connections). But never tried any hdd higher than 1tb.

0 Likes