Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 09:21 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Jimbo69
Journeyman
Options

1. I updated my Q70R soundbar to this latest firmware via smartthings

2. I then followed the guide to update my subwoofer. Pressing the volume down button etc. It has now done the update -> bye cycle 10 times with no sign of stopping!

What's gone wrong?

Did I even need to carry out step 2?

Is it going through this cycle because the Q70R soundbar doesn't need to be updated with the 2nd step?

How do I stop the update if so?

Help please.

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options

I'm in the UK, updated soundbar today (Q-80R) via SmartThings app. The update got to 77% then said it failed but now the soundbar is showing the latest version, when I scan for updates again it doesn't find any. 

I'm still finding Virgin Media lipsync awful if I enable DD so have to keep it as PCM still. Also I've noticed that Atmos has disappeared on my Netflix (I've got Q-80R TV) all I get is 5.1 , any suggestions to solve this? I've done soft restart (hold power button down), disabled and enabled the Atmos compatibility etc. 

0 Likes
Jimbo69
Journeyman
Options

Ok had to just switch the soundbar off at the plug which solved the continuous update.

I've now noticed there aren't any Netflix titles that have Dolby Atmos as audio choices on my Samsung TV app. Was that changed by Netflix or removed by Samsung on my Samsung Q90R TV recently via a firmware update?

Mine is on v1356.

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
I got the same problem, TV is Q-80R and also on 1356.2
0 Likes
Izumi01
Journeyman
Options

To enable Atmos again, change source to tv and find a channel with dd+ then change audio to dd+ and voilà, you can watch Netflix with atmos enabled!

SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
Thanks but I don't have anything connected via antenna. I'll try changing my Virgin Media box to DD though lipsync is still out on that
0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
Ok I managed to do it by going to Disney+ and playing Star Wars then selecting DD+ in sound settings! Thanks for the tip :smiling-face:
0 Likes
jga_182
Journeyman
Options

@SpongeyBob wrote:
Ok I managed to do it by going to Disney+ and playing Star Wars then selecting DD+ in sound settings! Thanks for the tip :smiling-face:

I have the same TV (Q90r) and I just bought the same soundbar (Q70r). I know that until Samsung updates our TVs we won't be able to enjoy eARC but I have the next question: after update de soundbar do you still having lipsync problems with DD in the TV or in the Apps (Netflix, Prime Vídeo, Disney+,...). Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Jimbo69
Journeyman
Options

Yep now got back the Atmos options on Netflix after using Amazon prime. Thanks.

Never had lip sync issues on any apps.

Only lip sync issues exist for my external satellite Virgin media V6 box. That issue still remains until hopefully eARC is deployed on my Samsung Q90R TV.

SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options

Actually I have the Q-85R TV and Q-80R soundbar

0 Likes