Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 08:34 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@jobean wrote:

I updated my Q90R just now but when I turn on my C9 the soundbar still says TV-ARC. Do I need to change something in the TV's Setup?

Yes, you need to enable eARC and Passthrou in audio settings.

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options

@jobean wrote:

I updated my Q90R just now but when I turn on my C9 the soundbar still says TV-ARC. Do I need to change something in the TV's Setup?

Well is eARC enabled on your TV ? go sound settings activate eARC and set the passthrough mode, should make it

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

Thanks! Passthrough is enabled because Netflix Atmos content shows 'Dolby Atmos' on the sounbar.

I will check for eARC.

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

And you were right! I got eARC now!!!!!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Slawoj81
First Poster
Options

Can anybody check if the Xbox (ALLM, VRR, Dolby vision ect.) works correctly ?

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options

@Slawoj81 wrote:

Can anybody check if the Xbox (ALLM, VRR, Dolby vision ect.) works correctly ?

Now that eARC is enabled, youc an just directly connect your Xbox to your TV to get ALLm, VRR, Dolby vision and then with eARC send back the Atmos audio (without any sync issues now ? TBC) to the soundbar.

Don't need the soundbar to directly support ALLM and VRR

0 Likes
jga_182
Journeyman
Options

I have the Q90R TV and I want to buy the Q70r soundbar, but i'd like to be sure that the new update  enables eARC in the soundbar before buying it. Anybody else with the Q70r soundbar and a TV with eARC can confirm us that the new update enables eARC in this soundbar? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

It activates this, but not yet on the Q90r (only after it has received the eARC update)

MarceloFM
Explorer
Options

Download should appear in this page but it is not available at the moment:

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/HW-Q90R/XY/#downloads

Update should work fine with the SmartThings app.

Update guide:

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/updating-the-samsung-series-9-hw-q90r-soundbar/

IMPORTANT! Update the subwoofer and surround speakers after updating the firmware either via USB or SmartThings app. Steps in the link above, also reproduced below:

7 When there isn't any text on display, press and hold the down button on the remote until the display shows UPDATE (about 6 seconds) to update the wireless subwoofer and surround speakers.
8 UPDATE > BYE > ON will appear on the display while updating the subwoofer and surround speakers.
9 After the update has been completed, the soundbar will restart and the last source used will display for about 20 seconds and then dim out.
0 Likes
jga_182
Journeyman
Options

@MMIX wrote:

It activates this, but not yet on the Q90r (only after it has received the eARC update)

Thank you for tour help. So do you check it in a Q70r soundbar? I know that until Samsung updates the Q90r TV i won't be able to use eARC and check that everything works fine, is for that that i want to be sure that the eARC in the soundbar works before buying it.

0 Likes