Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 07:47 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
GarySargent
Explorer
Options
Q90R TV does not support eArc yet. Both TV and soundbar need to have eArc.
0 Likes
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

The Q90r has not yet received the eARC update, so it is currently still ARC.

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@bjornland wrote:

Do the earc update fix the annoying lypsync when using Dolby digital and Dolby Atmos? 

Yes, I checked that myself.

0 Likes
Matty_uk
Explorer
Options

Oh, balls! So i have to wait for the TV and Soundbar to get the eArc update? Anyone know when the TV is going to get the update?

MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

I hope soon but last information says June for Q90r, Q85r and Q80r.

0 Likes
smuller76
Explorer
Options

No updates on the HW-950 Soundbar, does anyone know if it will get the update as well?

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options
Hey
yes just received the new firmware update on my Q90R soundbar and eARC seems to work well ! will do some tests later on but looks like Samsung finally made it !
Working fine with LG C9 TV
Cheers
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@smuller76 wrote:

No updates on the HW-950 Soundbar, does anyone know if it will get the update as well?

It won't.

0 Likes
Matty_uk
Explorer
Options

So has the Q70R Soundbar got the eArc update then? Steve Withers of AV Forums said all 2019 soundbars would get it. Then he updates and said all 2019 soundbars apart from the Q60R. 

Judging by the TV models you just mentioned, it looks like the Q70 TV is going to miss out on it. Hopefully the Q70R soundbar isn't. 

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

I updated my Q90R just now but when I turn on my C9 the soundbar still says TV-ARC. Do I need to change something in the TV's Setup?

0 Likes