Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 19-04-2020 06:53 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Jason402
Apprentice
Options

Why do you think I lied? First I said that it doesn’t work when showing EARC ,and fw is1006.Second, I told you how to get EARC showing just hold idset in 30s. it’s easy to do my friend.I do it again and recorded a video pls look thanks!I don’t get a update, maby it designed whith Earc but fw limited  in arc ,may be it just a bug,who knows right?I just tell what I saw!http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDYzNzcwMTY5Ng==.html?pgcpgcid=UMzQxNDYwMTA5Ng%3D%3D&sharekey=46a8be1d... 

storkmusic
Explorer
Options

I purchased a q90r led tv partially because Samsung's promise to update the firmware to allow eARC. I have a 2018 Pioneer vsx-lx503 AV receiver. Parent company Onkyo has update the firmware to allow eARC. This is Samsung's "flagship" 4K led tv. If they Onkyo can do this on a mid level receiver with only HDMI 2.0 connections, certainly Samsung can update a one connect box on an expensive tv. I feel cheated that Samsung won't support loyal customers on this. Looking to Sony for my home theater. 

0 Likes
Michael_Seaman
Apprentice
Options

@storkmusic wrote:

I purchased a q90r led tv partially because Samsung's promise to update the firmware to allow eARC. I have a 2018 Pioneer vsx-lx503 AV receiver. Parent company Onkyo has update the firmware to allow eARC. This is Samsung's "flagship" 4K led tv. If they Onkyo can do this on a mid level receiver with only HDMI 2.0 connections, certainly Samsung can update a one connect box on an expensive tv. I feel cheated that Samsung won't support loyal customers on this. Looking to Sony for my home theater. 

Did your Q90R recently update to FW version 1356? Mine did, but I have no idea what the FW update did because Samsung doesn't even have it listed on their support page as an available download and no notes. 

0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

So, we all can not wait. Each time the same thing. It was May, now it is June. Снимок.JPG

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

lol this is becoming to be funny. Little Samsung company from nowhere can't keep up with their own plans.

0 Likes
storkmusic
Explorer
Options

Yes it is 1356. 

0 Likes
storkmusic
Explorer
Options
Yes it seems it did.
0 Likes
storkmusic
Explorer
Options

This Samsung representative is  quite clear in  this interview that the eARC firmware update is coming for the 2019 q90r tvs. This was in February 2020. Hopefully the update will not be much  longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMI7nqS61nI

0 Likes
Sharken
Student
Options

Would be great if the other models got eARC support as well, at least to fix lipsync issues. It's less than elegant to route everything via optical cables instead of HDMI-ARC to avoid the lipsync issue.

SegaBoy64
First Poster
Options

RE: Test tone - I had exactly the same thing last night, but can't remember how I activated it - hoping Samsung may finally be offering some sort of calibration setup...

0 Likes