Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 16-04-2020 04:02 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

And BTW @Jason402 it looks like your furniture has not been cleaned for centuries. I can only imagine what the rest of your apartment looks like. Bleh ...

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Mike,that's Jason402 furniture with dust... :smiling-face:

0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

Jason402 - you are such an *****!

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Jason402,this is my Samsung's paradise... 

DSC_0254.JPGDSC_0258.JPGDSC_0259.JPGDSC_0256.JPGDSC_0255.JPGDSC_0260.JPG

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@Ivan1979 wrote:

Jason402,this is my paradise... 

DSC_0260.JPG

This cable under TV... :face-with-rolling-eyes: You should work on this :winking-face:

20200416_174351.jpg

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options
I know... First must to do something else and then I put cable in the wall... thank you for noticed that... lol
0 Likes
Michael_Seaman
Apprentice
Options

There recently was an update to my QLED Q90R TV to FW 1356, however the Samsung website is not showing the latest firmware for download. It's wired, so I wonder if something like that could happen with the soundbar.

0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options

@Ivan1979 

@mike1986krk 

Both of you have really nice set ups. I also have a full Samsung set up, Tv and soundbar, not as nice as the one you guys have but seems like for us to get eARC will depend not just on an update on the soundbar but also on our TVs, if just the soundbar gets eARC it won't help at all unless for the tv-soundbar connection. I need my Samsung tv to get an update that supports eARC and pass thru so that all my devices connected the way I have them can take advantage of eARC. 
Anyways here is a pic of my setup. Not as nice as yours but maybe I'll do some changes in the future  

ED0D9F6B-8A58-4450-9618-9079F28C6B79.jpeg

67104759-EDB9-4791-AF6E-7D3343659E4C.jpeg

95FB13BD-71D3-48F6-884D-0F58ABA93E0B.jpeg

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Before one week ago my TV Q900R recived new softwer update (1294.1),we here in Croatia last,first all country on the world, then my country.. Nevermind.,I call Samsung Croatia support and ask them what I recive in thet new update ? What is new in my TV now ? They told me,we dont know,I say how you dont know,you work for Samsung how you dont know nothing,again they say "sorry we dont know what is new in that new softwer" ????!!!

And yes Samsung must give us eARC for our TV too,that is true what you say ! Not yust eARC,Samsung need to give all 4 HDMI to be new 2.1 verzion !! No just one (hdmi 4 port).. We give alot of money for TV and soundbar...Here in Croatia I pay 4100 Euro ,article on "action" (no full price) ?????!!!!!!

Ok,listen this funny story...corona crisis is all in the world,in Croatia too,and we have 22.03.2020 eartquick in main town Zagrab (8km from my house)...ok,first strike 6.24 morning is 5,5 Richter I don't feel,was in the car coming home from night shift,when I parking car in garage my wife and all village it's outside,I ask what is going on,what are all diong now outside,are you all crazy  ??!! LOL We have eartquick now wife tell me,all house is shaking etc..wtf I didn't feel in car you know,ok let's go in house drink coffe...and 7.01 morning another strike 5,1 Richter,then I know it's not joke,ok wife and cat runing outside again but my reaction first to look over TV,come to TV and wait what happen,it fall down etc.. I wait a front of TV waiting and catch him if he want fall from the wall,TV is dancing and shaking on the wall,incredibly...she call me from outside.,were are you  !!?? are you crazy,go out  !!! LOL LOL  No I watch to TV it is not fall down to catch him  !! LOL LOL

That's it,sorry to boder you... lol

PS. sorry on my English 

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Yea,that is right what you say about Samsung need upgrade Q line TV's to eARC  ! That will be Samsung's work of century,of corse and Q line of their soundbars... That will be work  !!

Before one week ago my Q900R recive new update softwer to 1294.1...then I call Samsung Croatia to tell me what is new in this update,they told me they don't know  ??? I say how do you dont know  ???!! You work for Samsung how you dont know...sorry we dont know what is new on new version on your TV... ??!!

0 Likes