Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 16-04-2020 08:47 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Jason402
Apprentice
Options

My Q90r soundbar’s WiFi selection  disappeared this morning.So I pressed the idset button to actived it. Then it repeat update on the screen again and again.And the soundbar didn’t worked any more...... So I pressed any button to make it work again. When I select din......after din display it shows EARC on the screen!It’s amazing!But it still doesn’t make any sounds,it doesn’t work.When I cut the power down and restar it, it worked well but after din display ,it  shows tvarc..........wt f

Jono1984
Apprentice
Options
Where are you in the world Jason?
0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

If there was EARC on display then we realy should wait an update. Hope samsung stops their silence and give us some information

0 Likes
Jason402
Apprentice
Options

I’m Chinese in China,You should try to press the idset and hold in 30s,maybe you will see what I saw

F59D71DF-09BF-4419-9E93-2678682DD1AD.jpeg

Chebattler
Explorer
Options
Can anyone test if it is really earc?
0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options
OMG. And it is really working right now?
0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

There are more hidden things on the soundbar. I once hold down a button on the remote to update the soundbar but it was a wrong one and the screen said 'test tone'. I heard no tone but maybe that will be another update. 

I you guys want it I can try to post a picture of that screen.

0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

Yes, show us this 

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

It must be some mistake on soundbar  ?? I hope it's not,but....

PS. sorry for my English language,I'm from Croatia... 

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

I will post it after work. I hope I can remember which button it was but I will try them all :winking-face:

0 Likes