Support

Open search

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

858 REPLIES 858
Highlighted

My Q90r soundbar’s WiFi selection  disappeared this morning.So I pressed the idset button to actived it. Then it repeat update on the screen again and again.And the soundbar didn’t worked any more...... So I pressed any button to make it work again. When I select din......after din display it shows EARC on the screen!It’s amazing!But it still doesn’t make any sounds,it doesn’t work.When I cut the power down and restar it, it worked well but after din display ,it  shows tvarc..........wt f

Where are you in the world Jason?
Highlighted

If there was EARC on display then we realy should wait an update. Hope samsung stops their silence and give us some information

Highlighted

I’m Chinese in China,You should try to press the idset and hold in 30s,maybe you will see what I saw

F59D71DF-09BF-4419-9E93-2678682DD1AD.jpeg

Highlighted
Can anyone test if it is really earc?
Highlighted
OMG. And it is really working right now?
Highlighted

There are more hidden things on the soundbar. I once hold down a button on the remote to update the soundbar but it was a wrong one and the screen said 'test tone'. I heard no tone but maybe that will be another update. 

I you guys want it I can try to post a picture of that screen.

Highlighted

Yes, show us this 

Highlighted

It must be some mistake on soundbar  ?? I hope it's not,but....

PS. sorry for my English language,I'm from Croatia... 

Highlighted

I will post it after work. I hope I can remember which button it was but I will try them all :winking-face:

Top Liked Authors