Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 01:37 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Womble62
First Poster
Options
Anyone got a link to the latest software please 1008?
0 Likes
CPP49
Explorer
Options

Google is your friend ... :winking-face:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-harmon-kardon-soundbar-w-dolby-atmos-hw-q90r?... 

Click on download near Firmware JUL 03,2019  |  ver 1008.0  |  306.12 MB...

0 Likes
CPP49
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
AlexandreFR92
First Poster
Options

Guys, can anyone help me please? Do you confirm that we do not care with regards to ARC/eARC sound quality for all the devices which are connected directly to the soundbar itself?

In other words, I understand that we should not be the victim of that loss of audio quality for those streaming devices which are directly connected to the soundbar. The problem only relates to the tv apps and the devices which are connected in hdmi directly to the TV. Do you confirm? Thank you.

0 Likes
Arron2060
First Poster
Options
Is the Earc firmware or a hardware issue??
0 Likes
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Yes, you are right. EARC issue does not relate to external devices connected directly to the bar. There is no impact in terms of sound quality. 

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@Estevez1979 wrote:

Yes, you are right. EARC issue does relate to external devices connected directly to the bar. There is no impact in terms of sound quality. 

I guess you mean does not relate to external devices connected directly to the bar?

0 Likes
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options
yes , it does not. I've edited my reply.
0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

Any news on update? There are new 2020 QLED on website and all with eARC. And still no news about soundbars.

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Pozdrav.. Imam soundbar Samsung Q90R i najnoviju verziju softvera 1008... Ne znam dal je eARC prisutan u toj verziji.. ???

Uglavnom imam TV  Samsung 65Q900RAT (8K) spojen sa zvučnom trakom Samsung Q90R 7.1.4 i moram kad skidam filmove tražiti formate filma DD+5.1-Atmos koji mi na zvučnu traku šalje komprimirani Dolby Atmos i na displeyu se ispiše Dolby Atmos sa tim da je nemoguće više mijenjati vrstu zvuka na zvučnoj traci dok je Dolby Atmos aktivan,to je OK.. Nije loše,ali bi bilo najbolje da i moj TV i moja zvučna traka podržavaju eARC !! Bilo bi savršeno da Samsung napravi odličnu stvar,ako se to može uopće,da po mogućnosti umetne u Q900R (8K) televizije dodatni zvuk Dolby TrueHD a ne samo da ima dvije vrste izlaznog zvuka iz TV-a: Dolby Digital i Dolby Digital+,nego da Samsung nadogradi ,ako već nema DTS zvuka iz TV-a,znači da nekako nadogradi svoje televizije sa Dolby TrueHD zvukom,tako da korisnici mogu u postavkama svog televizora promijeniti kako im odgovara  !! Da bude u postavkama Samsung televizija tri vrste izlaznog zvuka Dolby Digital,Dolby Digital + i Dolby TrueHD !!!!E,to bi bio dragi Samsung posao stoljeća  !!!!

0 Likes