Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 10:44 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Matty_uk
Explorer
Options

Hi all

I've been speaking to a manager at Samsung UK the last couple of days. Over HDR gaming issues that the 2019 Qleds suffer from. To cut a long story short, i also spoke to the manager about the eArc update. First time he said didn't know. He said he would go away and talk to senior engineers and get back to me. When he got back to me he didn't want to talk about  the eArc update. And even though they aknowledge the HDR gaming issues they won't be fixing it.  So you can basically take that as Samsung telling us to go f**k ourselves. 

Needless to say just keep well away from Samsung in the future. 

HWq90R
Apprentice
Options

What did you expect. Where are those reviewers that helped Samsung scam us. Why aren't they re reviewing this item and dwell on the lack of this important update. 

jobean
Navigator
Options

It would indeed be nice if reviewers, like Stephen Withers for example, refuse to review Samsung products untill Samsung fixes their previous flaws.. 

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
They do not depend on freelance reviewers,it’s no use.
0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options

I updated my Q85R TV today with the new firmware via USB (the TV did an online check and was adamant that it had the latest version which was 1335). Afterwards my Q80R soundbar went nuts, would connect via ARC for 2 seconds then lose connection and TV speakers would kick in, then it wouldn't even show in the sound settings or would show then disappear repeatedly.

Samsung support connected remotely to my TV and reset the HDMI ports, seems to have solved the problem. However I've now realised that I can't get Atmos on Netflix any more, only 5.1. I think the new firmware is to blame. Anyone got similar issue?

EDIT: restarted the Netflix app and now Atmos appears :smiling-face: however I still have an ARC handshake problem if I leave my PS4 plugged into HDMI, anyone got this problem? So far the only solution is to unplug it until ARC has connected then plug it into the TV.

0 Likes
dr12
Journeyman
Options
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
I've signed it :smiling-face:
jobean
Navigator
Options

Done!