Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 06:58 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
jobean
Navigator
Options
Very good idea!!! Better then just complaining on this forum.

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

As expected, Samsung washes its hands from any liability. With the help of Stephen Withers, they misled us all, and now they say they can't speculate about anything. Throughout the past year they have speculated using Whithers and his websites, where he writes reviews. Disgustingly biased and hypocritical reviews without ascertaining the actual parameters of the device.

Bez tytułu.png

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options
just posted on Twitter too and also edited my post on Reddit who had many comments:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Soundbars/comments/dz0ihk/samsung_hwq90r_earc_q80r_and_q70r_firmware_update...

Hope everyone will join the hastag !
fifise
Explorer
Options

I recommand also publishing the link to this reddit page, the comunity page and this twitt  on all the Home Theater forum you suscribe to.

If we want another answer than these "I don't know" and avoid Ruty to bury the subject, we need to make a maximum noise

0 Likes
Nayin
Journeyman
Options
Great idea, done!
0 Likes
Bkk
Apprentice
Options

I also ended up returning this just within the period. Disappointed but relieved, all the confusion n deception, and lack of action or response from samsung regarding earc. Anyway with new sb's coming this year, there's some interesting options with these features and earc or hdmi 2.1

0 Likes
rn320
First Poster
Options

I was in the same position wanting a premium soundbar with eARC support to complement my Sony TV 85G.  looked into the top of the range Samsung Q90R,  JBL and Panasonic but none supported eARC. Lucky I came across this forum before purchase. I even went to my local hifi store in Sydney, the salesman said yeah the Samsung supports eARC, but he had no idea, as I already knew that it didn't based on all the info I have read. Its not a good look for Samsung, it really should only be a software update. Anyway I ended purchasing the Sony HT-Z9RF sound bar, Im glad I did, it supports eARC like most Sony soundbars, no issues with lip sync, sound is awesome what you would expect from a Sony product, comes with satellite rear speakers as well, online firmware updates, no need for USB to update firmware like some soundbars.  My advise is to check out the Sony Soundbar range, you wont be disappointed.

Bkk
Apprentice
Options

If sony redid the st5000 w wireless atmos surrounds then I'd prolly be all over that

0 Likes
SteffenAB
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
fb767
Explorer
Options
Thanks for sharing the link, SteffenAB, would could really use the help of Bloggers and reviewers.
0 Likes