Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 04:16 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
White_Turbo
Journeyman
Options

@Lovegolf wrote:

Why does what matter?

You keep saying you can't find the model number of the soundbars but that's not important right now because they were just disclosed they are coming. You missed the entire point of the information someone is sharing.  Q950T seems to be the new model number. 

0 Likes
Lovegolf
First Poster
Options

No, my point was when I looked up the Q950T model#, it showed a TV, not a soundbar. 

https://robbreport.com/gear/tvs/samsungs-q950ts-qled-8k-tv-2891076/

0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

The solution to all our eARC problems have Just arrived from LG in the form of the new LG SN11 RG 7.1.4 Sound bar which supports Dolby Atmos and DTS-X over eARC. It has Two satellite speakers with up firing drivers which was missing from the previous iteration and all the trimming the Samsung Q90r has as well as Meridian audio technology. I think after being lied to for almost a year my Samsung with regards to this elusive eARC update, a company that obviously do not respect or value there customers, I think I'm going to sell my Q90r Sound bar and upgrade to the LG version to pair with my LG C9 TV. Link to check out the LG bar: https://youtu.be/1E_z6huE33c

0 Likes
Lovegolf
First Poster
Options

Klipsch Bar 54 will have eARC as well and I just read a review from Wired on CES2020 where the author gave the Bar 54 his top rating of all soundbars at the show. 

0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

I think I will check it out too before I make my next buy.

0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options
I just viewed the klipsch 54. On paper it's not up to the level, it doesn't have true DTS-x, it has DTS Virtual:X! Not quite DTS-x. It also does not have satellite speakers. That it's a additional purchase. I think I'll go the way of the LG!
Lovegolf
First Poster
Options

@Amburz57 wrote:
I just viewed the klipsch 54. On paper it's not up to the level, it doesn't have true DTS-x, it has DTS Virtual:X! Not quite DTS-x. It also does not have satellite speakers. That it's a additional purchase. I think I'll go the way of the LG!

I'm not arguing that you're not right but seems odd that the 54 would be DTS Virtual:X only, given DTS-V is designed for systems with less speakers (no upward firing), etc.  The Bar 54 price of $1500 isn't bad for a full 7.1.4 system I don't think. Wasn't the HW-Q90R around that price when it first came out? It has 1000W which is almost double that of the Q90R. My $.02

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

Hold your horses guys!

I just called Samsung and they told me that it's still 100% coming but not when.

I wait a little while. I love my LG TV but I am a little cynical about the audio quality of their soundbars.

0 Likes
JFarol
Journeyman
Options

I couldnt wait anymore and just returned the Q90R back to the retailer yesterday.  Aside from the eARC update i was having a lot of issues with the ARC port not detecting an HDMI device that is connected to the TV.  It would be stuck in D. In and not recognize an ARC TV source.  Unplugging the bar and plugging it back in fixed the issues for a day or so.

I actually took the plunge and got a Denon 1600 reciever and built up a 5.1.2 system with Bowers and Wilkins speakers.  May cost a little more but there is already eARC support on it and has 6 HDMI ins with 1 HDMI out.

Sorry Samsung, you lost a ton of customers with this fiasco.

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

@JFarol wrote:

I couldnt wait anymore and just returned the Q90R back to the retailer yesterday.  Aside from the eARC update i was having a lot of issues with the ARC port not detecting an HDMI device that is connected to the TV.  It would be stuck in D. In and not recognize an ARC TV source.  Unplugging the bar and plugging it back in fixed the issues for a day or so.

I actually took the plunge and got a Denon 1600 reciever and built up a 5.1.2 system with Bowers and Wilkins speakers.  May cost a little more but there is already eARC support on it and has 6 HDMI ins with 1 HDMI out.

Sorry Samsung, you lost a ton of customers with this fiasco.

I understand. That is a really nice setup you got now. A bit more high end I think :winking-face: Enjoy it!

0 Likes