Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 08:07 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
You got so lucky, mine was direct from Samsung and when I rang last time they said I can’t return it cos it’s out of the window for returns.
0 Likes
ajwalter89
Apprentice
Options
I'll be honest and say I did tell them I was having issues with connectivity. Which I really did. The bar would cause my tv to flicker when switching to HDR and I'd have to unplug and replug HDMI. Luckily, their holiday return window started on 11/1 and I bought mine on 10/30. They didn't give me any trouble at all though. Emailed the local store where I bought it and they said they'd take care of me.
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
You did right, like I still have connectivity issues to this day. Since they haven’t patched it since July. Sometimes I get, drop outs of audio or sometimes sound coming from the wrong speaker like the other day someone talking in a film was being projected loudly from the rear speakers it sounded so weird.
0 Likes
DonnyAtmos
Journeyman
Options

But with hdmi arc you do not see atmos logo on soundbar:) I have LG TV with Q70R. Whent i plug pc to sounbar ant from sounbar to tv  everything wortks up 5min.. Then atmos logo disapiering sound laging, video 4K hdr its ok, becaus of hdmi ARC datal imits:) When i plug pc to LG TV and both sides ARC - then cant see any logo, and Dolby 5.1 sounds greater then Atmos ( because it doesnt support)... And on nvidia control panel sounbar seeing like third LG TV :face-with-tears-of-joy: not samsung

0 Likes
ajwalter89
Apprentice
Options

Happy to say, I went to Best Buy today and they completed the return without issue. Just need to figure out where to go from here as far as a home audio setup

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

I think you have the wrong setting for output to your HDMI arc port on your LG TV.

I have a LG C9 and first I also had no Atmos. But in your TV settings you need to change the sound output for that port to Bitstream. Then, when a movie has Atmos sound, you get the Atmos logo on your soundbar (only a few seconds).

Let me know if that helps. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
kylios88
Apprentice
Options

You also know you got Atmos when you cannot change the 'sound mode' on te remote. If Atmos is on and you press the 'sound mode' button the soundbar indicates 'Not available'.

I Also got the LG C9 and the HW-Q90R and it all works fine (netflix, disney plus etc.). Got the settings on eARC on and passtrough.  

0 Likes
DonnyAtmos
Journeyman
Options

Because LG C9 support HDMI 2.1 (eArc).;)

0 Likes
Bossie80
First Poster
Options

I was wondering; Some guys started this post with these issues on a Samsung community site. Then how come Samsung isn't replying to any of us?

0 Likes
DonnyAtmos
Journeyman
Options

i have q70 sounbar and have non earc tv...Because Samsung is not the best tv's on planet:)

0 Likes