Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 06:16 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Lovegolf
First Poster
Options

I stand corrected. I Googled the first two and it came up with just TVs. I'm glad they have a new line at Soundbars.

0 Likes
smuller76
Explorer
Options
I wonder if the Q950T has 4 surround speakers.
0 Likes
White_Turbo
Journeyman
Options

@Lovegolf wrote:

I stand corrected. I Googled the first two and it came up with just TVs. I'm glad they have a new line at Soundbars.

Why does it matter? The point is there are new soundbars and Q950T is the top model.

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
The price for 9.1.4 will be astronomical.
0 Likes
Bossie80
First Poster
Options

If they can't do it, so be it. But an apology from Samsung would be nice.

0 Likes
Lovegolf
First Poster
Options

Why does what matter?

0 Likes
fb767
Explorer
Options

@Bossie80 wrote:

If they can't do it, so be it. But an apology from Samsung would be nice.

I do not want an apology. I want the feature that I bought the soundbar for. If the reviews said "Samsung announced that eARC will NOT come in an update", I would have not bought the soundbar, period. 

Also, I don't want us to divert the convo into the new soundbars that are coming out and how awesome they are. I don't want us to get fooled by Samsung marketing and think to ourselves "oh well, might as well just buy the new soundbar".

zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
I agree completely! It’s actually disgraceful that all reviews and even Samsung at one point sold the Q90R soundbar saying it was eARC and never was! The whole reason I bought it was because of this then when it turned out not to have it I was furious! Tbh the new LG 2020 soundbar sounds good. Ai room calibration, earc, 7.1.4 (guessing they saw ‘success’ of Samsung soundbar and copied it (but maybe improved on it) I have seen that people have mentioned this q950 soundbar for 2020 9.1.4 that sounds great but not only will it be sooo expensive, but they also said it’ll have eARC yet I am to see anywhere where Samsung announced eARC support for 2020 soundbars anywhere. Either way the Samsung support for existing customers for 2019 soundbars have been horrendous and there hasn’t even been a soundbar update since bloody July!!!
Bossie80
First Poster
Options

Your'e right. They shouldn't advertise with what they just cannot do.

0 Likes
ajwalter89
Apprentice
Options

I'm assuming that most people are beyond the possibility of returns, but I spoke with Best Buy and they are allowing me to return outside of their normal window. Going to return mine and wait for LG's 2020 soundbars. 

0 Likes