Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 17-12-2019 03:59 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

Hello yes I know Dolby vision has nothing to do with audio but when I play the Irishman for example via the Xbox one X it will not allow This content to play or any other title with Dolby vision and Atmos but if I play a title with either for example Dark or Nightflyers it plays no problem. On the Apple TV same setup all the above works flawlessly with no issues. So I ask is the Xbox one X Dolby Atmos lossless and the Apple TV 4k not? Because I presumed that the Xbox One X is trying to play lossless Atmos along side the Dolby vision which results in the error because without eARC the bandwidth of arc is not capable of transmitting Dolby vision and Atmos lossless together. I have my c9 on Earc pass through so is my C9 telling my Xbox yes you can pass lossless but the sound bar can't accept so much bandwidth all at once. This is all a title guess but I'm trying to work out why would all the above not work on the Xbox but fully work on the Apple TV. Apple TV Atmos is compressed yes I know this but is the Xbox one X Atmos compressed or not, that I don't know.

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
You don’t need eARC to be on at this point...ATV is Lossy and LG can’t pass the Lossless audio to soundbar so you should turn it off.
0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options
So you say you can have a Netflix content playing in Vision if it has no Atmos, or playing a content with Atmos if it has no Vision, but you can't play a content which has both ?
Xbox One X well configured for both Atmos and Vision ? and connected directly to the TV ? and TV ARC connected to soundbar ?
0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

Yes I have Xbox to hdmi 3 c9 sound bar in hdmi 2 c9 arc. It's all set upright but this is still happening E3D28D1D-F602-49AA-95C0-7A450CA1A809.jpegE1EF5319-4616-41DA-B4B9-0C00EEB26B31.jpeg

0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

Ok I'm gonna try what you saI'd and turn off Earc and re boot everything

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
Have you tried Netflix app from C9,not from Xbox One X?
0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options
but anyway with XBox set to Atmos and going over C9 ARC, you will certainly experience lip sync issues and this cannot be solved at the moment and eARC will not change this as well. I'm in same situation and finally decided to remain on Dolby Digital on Xbox and not Atmos
0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
Is it the problem in Xbox or Soundbar?
0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

Yes that works fine no problems just like the Apple TV. It might sound weird but I swear the quality via Xbox one X looks so much better with netflix and prime. Audio sounds louder and clearer too 

0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

To tell the truth I think it's the Xbox because Apple TV works properly. Ok I turned off Earc on c9 same result. I think I'll just use Apple TV or c9 apps because the lip sync on Xbox is dreadful

0 Likes