Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 15-12-2019 01:06 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
loozet
Student
Options

When can we expect the eARC update to be released? Any information from Samsung?

0 Likes
bjornland
First Poster
Options

Aparantly it's been delayed until January

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@bjornland wrote:

Apparently we've been fooled.

bjornland
First Poster
Options

Sadly enough it wouldn't surprise me in the least

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options

I wonder if anyone from Samsung is reading this topic,I would be shamed if I were them.

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options
I don't think they care that much to read their own community forums. Perhaps just some moderator to check the content against racists/sexual abuse. I believe our frustration is nothing:

"Samsung Electronics today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019. The Company posted KRW 62 trillion in consolidated quarterly revenue and KRW 7.78 trillion in quarterly operating profit".

As for now, they don't give a ***** about eARC support.
0 Likes
White_Turbo
Journeyman
Options

@bjornland wrote:

Where did you get this info? 

If they haven't released the update for a year, the chances of them updating is slim at this point.  They will likely just push it to the next soundbar that is coming out or simply brushing eARC off as unnecessary at this point because it is still a relatively new feature on TVs.

0 Likes
bjornland
First Poster
Options

According to Stephen Withers it's delayed until at least January.

So I think you are right, they'll probably use it as a selling point for the next soundbar.

0 Likes
Bkk
Apprentice
Options

Found some article by that withers guy with an update. But it said the sb now supports earc lol and dec. 2019 for the uk. 1008.0 is still the latest on Samsung's page. This is all horse *****

0 Likes
SteveRimm
First Poster
Options
Hi I see you have the LG C9. I have the same tv also have the Samsung hw-q90r soundbar. Could you tell me the correct settings for the tv in the audio menu as I’m not that clued up and I’m sur I have done something wrong. Thanks in anticipation.
0 Likes