Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 14-12-2019 03:50 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
White_Turbo
Journeyman
Options

@smuller76 wrote:
@sameu6, I don't have the Q90r (HW-950 owner) but I did check if there was a new update but nothing available (latest is 1007.5).

However according to this thread everyone is still waiting for the Earc update so I am not sure where Techrader got there resources from?

I posted this link a few posts ago: https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/samsung/hw-q90r

That along with other sources at a later date and various responses here confirming eARC has not been included in firmware update lead me to believe Techrader is incorrect.

0 Likes
Viktorn
Journeyman
Options
You are not correcting anything.

You are saying "probably" and "unlikely". As of now ARC supports DD+. The specifications of DD+ state that it can deliver more channels than 5.1 (up to 15.1 - 15 channels plus 1 sub).

Today most (if not all) streaming services are in DD+ and you would think that DD+ is a standard that has to work within some limits for devices to support it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like some eARC on my Q90R - But it supports all the good things available you just have to connect it correctly.

But again, I really don't know anything about this. I just like to follow the discussion since I just bought one:)
0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
Look,Q90r has only two inputs...I have Nvidia Shield,Xbox One X,ATV,PS4...I need at least 3 inputs for lossless trueHD Atmos...I can’t have them pluged all in SB...so I need all my devices to be connected to LG C9 so they can work thru eARC...
0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options
I’m curious about the current Firmware. In the Samsung support page for the US site shows 1008.0 and this update was release in July. This is the current firmware on my soundbar. Not sure if other people might have a different firmware version.
0 Likes
Blib
Explorer
Options
1008 is the latest yes.
0 Likes
bjornland
First Poster
Options

Are there any differences between US and european firmware? The latest firmware in Norway is 1007.9

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@bjornland wrote:

Are there any differences between US and european firmware? The latest firmware in Norway is 1007.9

Not sure, but with an USB drive I flashed 1008.0 firmware with no problem. I live in Europe. Via SmartThings app the latest firmware for me was 1007.9.

0 Likes
bjornland
First Poster
Options

Then I might give it a try, I'm hoping that this might fix som of the lip sync problems I've been having 

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@bjornland wrote:

Then I might give it a try, I'm hoping that this might fix som of the lip sync problems I've been having 

No, it won't. I am having huge lip sync problem too.

0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options
The Samsung website doesn’t provide too much info about the firmwares updates beside the date of release and how to install it. From what I heard it improves connection stability. Currently I don’t experience any lip sync issues except with thE Disney + app and I believe this is issue is more related to the app itself than to the soundbar or the tv.
0 Likes