Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 18-11-2019 10:46 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
JFarol
Journeyman
Options

It's signitifxsnt. About half a second to a second 

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
That’s quite bad, it must be an Xbox thing. I have a PS4 pro and literally there’s no sync issues at all.
0 Likes
Clapton94
Journeyman
Options

There s a lag correction done by the LG oled 2019 version unless I m mistaken, I have no issue with my Xbox one x 

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options
hey guys (hey Zach :D)
not sure missing eARC can really solve the delay issue on Xbox...but for those who have LG C9 TV apparently the upcoming update for multichannel PCM might solve this delay too.
Anyway these delays only appear when connecting the Xbox to the TV and then TV to soundbar, so if you can, just connect Xbox to the soundbar directly. Also this issue only appear with Atmos format, if you change xbox settings to Dolby Digital, the delay disappear. So that's why I still have some hope about the eARC capability solving it but not 100% sure at all, we'll have to experience that when new firmware is realeased...

0 Likes
JFarol
Journeyman
Options

Update on my end: I switched my Xbox and Apple TV 4K to connect directly to the q90r soundbar instead of my LG 9 series 2019 TV. Fixed all my audio delay issues. 

Not ideal since I can only use 2 inputs. The rest of my devices are connected directly to the TV and still have lag issues. 

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options

So someone on AVSforums did some tests on the Xbox Atmos format and unfortunately eARC connection won't fix this....he tested this with both ARC and eARC and even with eARC, he still had the sync issue....
Also contacted Dolby and they just say I should connect the Xbox directly to the soundbar and not through TV, this is "improper setup" as they say...and they are not planning any update to fix this, such a shame that company like Dolby don't bring any support to their partner system and consumers....

0 Likes
smuller76
Explorer
Options

Do you know if the earc update will also be for the HW-950?  I have Disney+ now and hate that it doesn't do Atmos yet 😞   I know it also has to do something with the NVIDIA SHIELD.

0 Likes
fb767
Explorer
Options

@smuller76 wrote:

Do you know if the earc update will also be for the HW-950?  I have Disney+ now and hate that it doesn't do Atmos yet 😞   I know it also has to do something with the NVIDIA SHIELD.

Honestly, at this point I doubt the Q series soundbars (Q90R) will even be getting the update, let alone the N950. But this is all speculation on my part. 

zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

B365A45A-5104-4370-841D-628CFB2939C2.png

Hi all,

finally got a reply from one of the reviewers, it's coming this month to Q series TVs and soundbars. 2018 models will not be getting this update I don't think. 

but the update is currently undergoing compatibility testing.

hope this helps. 

fb767
Explorer
Options
Thank you for keeping us updated. I hope it successfully passes all the tests!