Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall mounts for Samsung R1 Wireless Speaker

(Topic created on: 24-06-2017 07:35 PM)
martyfp
Journeyman
Options

I have two R1 speakers that are used as surround speakers for a hwj6500 soundbar. (This configuration works really well with the latest updates :smileylol: )

I would like to mount the R1's to the wall behind the sofa.  However, I can't find any suitable mounting options for these.     I have been looking for something that will screw into the m5(?) thread on the bottom of the speaker and allow the speaker to be mounted vertically.

Any ideas / suggestions ?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
scott
Explorer
Options

Surround speakers should be at a 90 degree angle to the listener 2' above head height. 

Rear speakers is a 7.1 thing.

Maybe you could get some small wall mount shelves and use double sided tape to prevent speaker from being knocked off accidentally?

Or you could drill a hole in bottom of shelf and bolt the speaker to the shelf.

martyfp
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Scott. You are of course correct about the surround speaker placement. 

Without going into room logistics, the idea was to mount one of the R1s to the wall, behind, but to the left of, one end of an L-shaped sofa.  

However, having played around with placement (using a camera tripod as a temporary stand) we found that the speaker worked better positioned further from the wall and further from the sofa. 

I ended up getting a Vebos R1 stand and very happy with it.