Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad quality sound when video recording on Samsung A14

(Topic created on: 31-05-2023 12:52 PM)
GeoffSalt
Journeyman
Options
Just got an A14 and sound is very tinny and distorted when videoing guitar playlng. Never had this problem on earlier Samsungs. The sound is mushy as though some special effect is turned on. Voice sounds weird too, degraded somehow. But when I record sound only on J4T app, all is fine!
Anyone else aware of this? Tech support are no real help, they said all my videos were distorted, even on the S20 a few years ago. They said I was too close to the mic. I sat further away and the sound was still awful.

They liked the J4T sound (recorded on same phone). The trouble is I can't run J4T and Samsung video record at the same time!
Anyone got any ideas please?
36 REPLIES 36
oldbeadbird 111
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem, my 3rd phone is on its way to me, I wish I had seen this before agreeing to another replacement, very poor sound quality when recording, but instead of acknowledging that it has a problem they are sending another replacement. will see what happens with the replacement when it arrives. My last phone was an A51, no problem at all. 

GeoffSalt
Journeyman
Options
My last phone was an S20, again no problem, great sound recording.
GeoffSalt
Journeyman
Options
No joy yet from Samsung, they have error logs to look at. It seems like deliberate degrading of the sound to me in their video record app. Picture is fine. I'm very disappointed that the A14 is not fit for purpose in this area and will be avoiding Samsung in the future.
Lynnj
First Poster
Options
Yes I have the same issue with my new A14. Never had a problem with A41 or J5 in the past. Give up with trying to get help from samsung support, very disappointed with this model.
GeoffSalt
Journeyman
Options
I agree completely!
Shay55
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have found this conversation after googling same problem! My son has the a14 (bought outright, monthly SIM contract) and we didn't realise how bad the video recording is until AFTER going to a concert together.  Luckily I made some recordings on my old a12, which are fine, but sadly his are absolutely naff! 

I see some of you got replacement phones, any luck?? I'm guessing this is an error on the phone rather than a one-off. Can Samsung not do an update to help this issue??? 

Very disappointed! 

Amedeo16
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, the phone would be a great product if only I was able to record my guitar playing without running my home studio every time, and  sync videos and audio for like an hour, with the only purpose of doing an IG story of few seconds.

I don't think I will choose Samsung products next time.

tamsung
First Poster
Options
  • The audio is so bad on this phone I have to use my old s6 to watch youtube it's like distortion protection keeps kicking in reducing volume and then coming back and the frequencies are to narrow its lime listening to a phone through another phone ther is no low end or hi end apart from that it's a good phone but the sound is almost as bad s a Nokia 3200 they really need to fix this I can't beleave it's hardware my s6 is 10 years old and sounds better
oldbeadbird 111
Journeyman
Options

After complaints about the A14 to my utility company I went through 2 replacements, proving that it had a problem, so after the 3rd phone they agreed to take it back and and I am now on a sim only contract and use my old A51, it's a brilliant phone, and when this packs up I will buy a second hand one to replace it. Good luck to all of you who have the A14, it should be taken off the market in my opinion.