Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE49MU7070 & HW-MS650 soundbar low volume problem

(Topic created on: 01-12-2017 03:22 AM)
Dtag
Student
Options

Hello,

Last week (1-8-2017) I purchased a new UE49MU7070 and HW-MS650 soundbar after reading all the great reviews the soundbar had.

I have the soundbar connected via a HDMI cable connected between the TV and the soundbar (using the ARC compliant HDMI port on the TV)

I have found though, that the output volume is not what expected when using a signal derived from the TV (satellite program from internal TV decoder, Netflix app on the TV, Youtube app on the TV, etc.). I can increase the volume to 50 and the sound level increases as you would expect, but from 50 to 100 the level hardly changes, and even at the maximum volume the sound level is not what you would expect from a 180W soundbar, infact it is still quite low.

Now I know it is the TV that has the audio problem and not the soundbar for the following reasons:-

1. If I use the TV speakers instaead of the soundbar, I still have the problem with volume increasing OK up to to 50 level, but from 50 to 100 there is hardly any increase.

2. If I use the spotify app on the TV, the sound level does go loud. If I play the sound from the soundbar the sound goes really loud (just like all the reviews say it does)

3. And this is the real test that shows it is a TV problem. I also have an X-Box one connected via HDMI to the TV. If I play a movie from Netfilx on the X-Box the sound from the TV/Soundbar increases normally all the way up to the max 100 setting (and sounds great!) as soon as I swith over to the Netflix app on the TV the sound level drops dramatically, proving beyond doubt that it is the sound level coming from the TV that is the problem.

The TV has the latest firmware, and I've gone through all the sound settings on the TV but I can't find anyway to fix the problem. I've found other people complaining about low volume from the soundbar on the internet, but I think it is the TV and not the soundbar that is the problem, I am assuming that all the people who are complaining have the soundbar connected to a Samsung TV.

Has anyone else come across this problem or does anyone have anything for me to try before I take the TV back?

Thanks

David

61 REPLIES 61
kenny151076
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have purchased a Samsung smart Curve tv arrived  today and i am having the same problem. The sound on 100 is low just normal level. If i was to put my LG tv on 100 the neighbours would be banging the wall down. I pluugged my soundbar in and it is the same no volume what so everjust normal sound level on full blast. Has anyone sorted this problem as mine will be going back also.

0 Likes
kenny151076
First Poster
Options

That is crazy i have drove myself mad all day was about to go back in Currys and sling it at them lol, top 1 mate all working now.

0 Likes
DanBrady
Journeyman
Options

Ha, anytime. My head was battered with it too, just glad I can help others! 

0 Likes
Mts1
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with low volume with my soundbar with TV, Netflix, HBO, YouTube. I also have normal volume with the Spotify app. The problem is the same which HDMI or optical connections. I even purchased a new HDMI.

I called Samsung last week and they reset my smart hub (under settings) which actually fixed the problem... for only a day or two before the same problem returned. 

I have tried resetting my smart hub on my own a few times since but it now doesn't fix the problem. 

I am betond frustrated as every time I turn the tv on I try all sorts of setting adjustments, none of which work. 

I will try unplugging and re plugging to see if that works. 

0 Likes
bty670
First Poster
Options

Had to register just to say - I am having the exact same issue. Samsung soundbar, Smasung Curve TV. Volume maxed and it's at a normal volume. Very annoying. This problem seems to be rampant, Samsung has to address this. I will attempt the Smart Hub reset, but I have a feeling this isn't going to be the last time I face this issue.

0 Likes
Valerio87
First Poster
Options

Good evening, I tried to use samsung connect and mirror the TV with my telephone. It's work with wifi connection, now the sound of the sound bar is higher as it supose to be. But I can't get the same trough the hdmi cable or optical cable the sound is still low. Do you have the same problem? Thank you

0 Likes
Buzzibee
First Poster
Options

Hi

I too am having low volume level through Soundbar! After various attempts to fix this I tried the following on my Samsung TV:

-menu

- sound

- additional settings 

- audio format 

it was set to PCM but I have one other option, DTS Neo 2:5

so I tried it and it works!!!!

hope this helps others as it’s such a frustrating problem. 

Solution
EAGLESFAN
First Poster
Options
Hi. I had the exact same situation. We found that by going into the settings menu in our cable box, under audio, you can change from stereo to Dolby. Then in the sound settings in the tv, go to expert settings/digital output audio format and change to DTS Neo 2:5 and that solved our problem. We were in the EXACT same position. Now all tv,movies,apps etc. all sound incredible.
Bandit7
First Poster
Options

Hey DTag, were you ever able to resolve your issue? I am having the same issue, LG TV with a Samsung soundbar. Can’t figure it out! 

0 Likes
kenny151076
First Poster
Options

Hi try disconnecting anything what is connected to the tv via bluetooth ie mobile phones and tablets.

0 Likes