Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBD-K8500 NEEDS UPDATING!

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 09:10 AM)
LukeP7
First Poster
Options

This is an issue that has been widely reported on. 

Samsung UBD-K8500 players are not reading certain new Discs, supposedly due to an AACS incompatibility, where SAMSUNG NEEDS TO UPDATE THE PLAYER.

"This Disc does not meet specification" - crazy

The most recent update is old now, it doesn't fix anything, we NEED A NEW ONE. 

Here are multiple links to people having EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEMS - just google "ubd k8500 disc does not meet specifications" - it's all there

To be honest, this is really bad of Samsung to just ignore this issue, as we have spent lots of money on a player that literally doesn't play some discs anymore. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

22 REPLIES 22
2upfront
First Poster
Options
  • Mine does this, turns out it has trouble swapping over from blu ray to Ultra HD and visa versa

If I’ve recently played Ultra HD it won’t recognise any blu ray disc afterwards. I have to press the stop button on the player for longer than 5 secs to get it to reset to factory settings. I skip connecting to the internet and insert the blu ray and it plays fine. 

0 Likes
Conor Kavanagh
First Poster
Options

I have the very same problem Beatles GetBack on Blu Ray won’t work. And it cost me €50.00 all the rest of my discs play. 

0 Likes
rdesalvo
First Poster
Options

After testing many discs (both 4K UHD and Blu-ray), I've discovered that newer Fox Blu-ray releases are the ones most likely to generate the "disc does not meet specifications" error. My new 'Avatar: The Way of Water' 4K UHD plays fine on this player, but the player rejects the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D versions of the same title. It also rejected 'Mommie Dearest' Blu-ray and several other Fox titles. The player needs a firmware update, obviously, which Samsung seems unwilling to provide. I have tried doing a factory reset of the player, prohibited BD-Live, and even turned off wireless altogether -- I still get a "disc does not meet specifications" error on these newer Fox Blu-ray titles.

0 Likes