Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBD-K8500 NEEDS UPDATING!

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 01:49 AM)
LukeP7
First Poster
Options

This is an issue that has been widely reported on. 

Samsung UBD-K8500 players are not reading certain new Discs, supposedly due to an AACS incompatibility, where SAMSUNG NEEDS TO UPDATE THE PLAYER.

"This Disc does not meet specification" - crazy

The most recent update is old now, it doesn't fix anything, we NEED A NEW ONE. 

Here are multiple links to people having EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEMS - just google "ubd k8500 disc does not meet specifications" - it's all there

To be honest, this is really bad of Samsung to just ignore this issue, as we have spent lots of money on a player that literally doesn't play some discs anymore. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

22 REPLIES 22
davee53
Apprentice
Options

Yes I have the same problem. My Samsung UBD-K8500 will only play certain disc's  it will just eject the disc with "disc does not meet specifications"
I have rest the play settings and made sure software is up to date.
This is well anoying 4k discs aren't cheap also the player.
What are Samsung doing about it !!!!!!!!!  

davee53
Apprentice
Options

I gave up wth the  "Samsung UBD-K8500" which was only 2 1/2 years old and purchased a "Sony UBP-X800 M2" from Amazon.  Which is far better opperation than the Samsung. Works with my Sony sound system great.  All 4k disc's work and picture quality is great. Just use the Samsung for playing Blu-ray or DVD'S now in the bedroom.
I think it had a problem with the 4k head drive and not compatable with all 4k disc's which Samsung wern't bothered about  so one lost customer !

Options

Agreed I have all the same problems. I see though, that in January this year there was a firmware update for the UBD-M9500 blu ray player that fixed exactly the same problem, see https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M9500-4K-Blu-Ray-Player-quot-disc-does-not-meet...

So come on Samsung, please get a firmware update for other users with the same problem. I've always thought Samsung was good kit - I've even just spent a goodly sum on a new Samsung washing machine after the last one finally gave up after years of good service - so don't disappoint us now!

Rhyd
First Poster
Options

Does anyone from the support team even read these complaints.

Those that buy your equipment keep you in business. May have to jump to Sony after buying mainly Samsung over the years.

Come on Samsung prove me wrong. 

Fix this issue.

Options

Well that's six weeks since I posted a plea for an upgrade. Still bought the Samsung washing machine, which seems pretty nice. I'm already out of pocket on this, sent an import bluray back to get a replacement as i thought something was wrong with it - which there wasn't of course.....and now another new bluray has the same problem - please let's have a software upgrade?

Roonaar
Student
Options

Seems to me like they have abandoned the K8500. If that's the case I'm for sure abandoning Samsung. They make good appliances, but I can't deal with a manufacturer that stop supporting units after only a few years.

Bullet
First Poster
Options

Still no update. This is pathetic.  Samsung have lost my custom. Products like this should last more than 2 1/2 years.

JohnnyG1960s
First Poster
Options

I'm having this very issue, it's becoming more likely with every new disc I buy, Samsung should be ashamed. How can they expect repeat purchases when they don't fix these issues. I'm buying another player and it won't be Samsung...😕

davee53
Apprentice
Options

Further to this Samsung story the 50 inch 4k HD TV I purchased new February  2020  packed in working in June 2021 out of it warranty I had it looked at for repair and told the screen was faulty and it needed a new one which arn't available now ! I really couldn't be bothered now with Samsung at all so I had to dip into pocket again and purchased a Sony 55 inch 4k hd TV  WHICH I SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE !!! SAVE MONEY DON'T BUY SAMSUNG !!!!!!!

0 Likes