Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBD-K8500 IT 4k disc problems

(Topic created on: 01-02-2018 02:15 PM)
madpfc
Student
Options

Tried 2 copies of this now and the player just spits it out everytime (player firmware is upto date) anyone else having problems?

7 REPLIES 7
Bullerdog
Student
Options

Hi.

I Got the same problem with IT and fast and furius 8.

can NOT read the disk and ejects it.

Ole

just sent my in for garanti repair

Tinka1979UK
Journeyman
Options

Same problem, this has been going on about a month now. 

My k8500 will only play certain blurays now and no 4k movie works, I have tried about 15 4k titles. 

Just spits it out and says it is not supported. 

Everything worked fine up until about a month ago. 

There does not seem to be any help on this forum about the topic. 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Tinka1979UK@madpfc and @Bullerdog. Has anyone tried a reset of the Blu-ray to see if this fixes the issue? Press and hold the 'Stop' button on the top panel of the Blu-ray for 5 seconds with no disc inside. The initialization message should appear on the screen, and the player will turn off automatically. When you turn your Blu-ray on again, all settings will be reset. Note, any stored user data will be deleted.

madpfc
Student
Options

I tried a reset from the menu not the button press (dont know if this is any different)

Bullerdog
Student
Options

Hi

I made a reset from the menu.

Ole

Ajcon
Student
Options

I had someone from Samsung technical support tell me today that the does not meet Specifications message is due to copyright   and Samsung might not have agreement to play certain discs and it's normal and not a fault  and all brands of players have similar things!!   So I said.  Samsung don't have an agreement with universal to play gladiator 4k and that's why it doesn't work?  And she said that's the most likely conclusion! ..   that's the level of support I got.  

nicpicot
First Poster
Options

I made a cr R and on track 7 at 3.22 minutes the samsung went awry. So I played the cd in a proper cd player yamaha and teac all ok. tested on a 2nd samsung and at 3.22 minutes track 7 went wonky!!??

0 Likes