TV QN95A Neo QLED + Sound Bar HW-Q800A eARC issue

(Topic created on: 17-11-2021 08:25 PM)
Joni Jade
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm suffering a quite anoying problem with these two Samsung products: 

TV QN95A Neo QLED

Sound Bar HW-Q800A

when in the TV you change the option Sound->Expert Settings->HDMI e-ARC mode from off to auto then the connection between them it's lost or it becames quite unstable (most of the time you loose the sound or the sound output it's changed to TV Speakers) but if you keep HDMI e-ARC mode off then everything works fine.

I've already done all of these things:

TV and Sound Bar updated to lastest firmwares (TV to 1805.4 Sound Bar to 1009.2)

Reset both TV and Sound Bar and reconnect again

Use a certified eARC HDMI 2.1 cable

I contacted with Samsung support  and with remote asistence the TV was apparently ok

So far the only way to make these two work together flawlessly it's having turn off HDMI eARC  mode so the conclusion it's that even beeing from same manufacturer they are not compatible, I've read similar issues (loosing the connection with the TV) with other top level products like the Q950A sound bar

Has anybody got make these or similar products  to work together with HDMI e-ARC mode in auto?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
ckeathley
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with a JBL 9.1 and apple tv connected. While using the apple tv the sound may not work when starting a movie/tv show. Most times backing out and starting again will help. Major pain. The less times, its restarting all the devices.

Seems like an earc issue somewhere. 

Edit I have a QN75QN85AAFXZA, Apple 4k TV and JBL 9.1. Apple TV to the TV, EARC to the JBL 9.1.

0 Likes
meshaw
Apprentice
Options

Yes. QN90a, 85 inch and HWQ950A soundbar...Even had my motherboard switched out as per Samsung. They said was NOT firmware issue. Still no luck

ckeathley
First Poster
Options

Still fighting it then?

0 Likes
Zkrile
First Poster
Options

Similar issues. Spotty sound when connected via earc and advanced sound mode. Did you find a solution? 

0 Likes
Dju-Dju
First Poster
Options

Samsung still did not fix anything with the earc problems

0 Likes