Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV QE55Q90R + soundbar HW-Q950T - sound muffled

(Topic created on: 20-04-2021 10:58 AM)
ValseSte
Journeyman
Options

Dear all,

I just bought the soundbar set HW-Q950T and connected to the TV QE55Q90R through Arc connection (HDMI cable available in the soundbar box).

The voices and sounds coming from the central channel seems to be very muffled, underwater.

I read many other cases with different equipment, but no solutions have been identified yet.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Xpunker1
Student
Options

I am having this same issue. It just started within the last week a tends to do it periodically and randomly. I have had my q90r for less than a year 

ValseSte
Journeyman
Options

Hello @Xpunker1,

I read many thread in internet related to this issue. I'm looking for the right settings to solve it.

I've just switched off the "input signal plus" for the HDMI connected to the soundbar and something seems changed, i'll test it deeply in the following days and I will late you know if it is solved.

Do you have a samsung tv connected? Have you ever checked if the issue happens when the TV audio output is dolby digital+? 

0 Likes
Xpunker1
Student
Options

I do have a Samsung TV connected. I tested tones and it seemed to be fine. Then we were watching a show and noticed the issue again and looked online and found these threads. I'm willing to try whatever works. Sux to pay this much much money and the audio is an issue. When the system works right its amazing

0 Likes
ValseSte
Journeyman
Options

I tried one thing yesterday, when the issue happened, I switched the audio output in the quick menù from Soundbar to TV and back to Soundbar and the sound restored.  I need to have some endurance test to see if the issue come back while playing.

It is it is quite sure a firmware issue, not related to the drivers of the soundbar.

0 Likes
Rockdriguez
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me. Q70t soundbar with a Sony Bravia X900e. Disney+ and prime video 5.1 content sounds very muffled. Can't hear any dialog. Only after changing sync in the soundbar I hear the dialog but if I pause or skip the bad audio starts again. I hope this gets fixed quickly.

0 Likes