Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Freestyle – connecting to a Soundbar wirelessly?

(Topic created on: 13-01-2023 04:30 PM)
Scott McNamee
First Poster
Options

Hi all – I'm considering buying a Freestyle, but want to know if I can connect the audio wirelessly to a Soundbar such as a Sonos Beam, or a Samsung compact soundbar?

I've searched online but have been unable to find a definitive answer. The only solutions I've found so far is to connect via the HDMI port (or via a matrix switch if I want to use a blu-ray player), but I want to know whether I can connect up say a Blu-Ray player to the HDMI and then have audio go wirelessly via WiFi or Bluetooth to an external soundbar? 

I saw a review that said that it paired with the reviewers Samsung Soundbar automatically?

So if anyone has one or if the Samsung team could enlighten me that would be fab before I buy?

Thanks

#thefreestyle

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Neo001
Legend
Options

Seems like it's possible to connect to a bluetooth speaker.

Have a look at this video.

https://youtu.be/ew2xcNF8YJ4

0 Likes
Scott McNamee
First Poster
Options

Thank you – so it is possible but he mentions some lag. Would love to hear from someone who has one as to how successful it is!

0 Likes
BigAde
First Poster
Options

Can confirm my Samsung sound bar connect via WiFi shows up as an audio output device.

It’s stable, no lag and works fine.

0 Likes
ST1969
First Poster
Options

Would appreciate your help, please advise the steps.

I am unable to connect my Freestyle with my Samsung Soundbar Q70R over Wifi. 

0 Likes
Iczeman
Apprentice
Options

Last week I have purchased Samsung The Freestyle and Samsung soundbar HW-S61B which seems to be perfect combination for Wireless connection via Wi-Fi (not Bluetooth to avoid lag) which suppose to work awesomely, but only for 10-15 minutes. The Freestyle correctly detect mentioned soundbar and give message that Atmos supported device is connected 👍 But after 10-15 minutes there stop sound from soundbar, The Freestyle projector gets super lagy and unresponsive and restarting. So there is a critical issue with this connection and Samsung needs to fix that ASAP! Bluetooth connection is reliable but voice lag and no Atmos. Please Samsung test this configuration carrefully and come with the solution asap. Thanks!

0 Likes