Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T650 Soundbar Won't Connect to SmartThings App

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 08:03 PM)
crnflks00
First Poster
Options

I recently bought a T650 soundbar and no matter what troubleshooting steps I follow, it just won't connect to the SmartThings app, which I found very frustrating because I bought the soundbar specifically to connect it to my Alexa and you can't really do that beyond a direct Bluetooth connection which is pretty much useless if you have it connected it to your TV.

I've unplugged and it plugged it back in, did a manual firmware update via a USB stick (!! -- what am I? A caveman?!), reset my router, changed the wifi-name, tried different wifi frequencies, disconnected the soundbar from the tv, etc... And nothing! The app either doesn't find the soundbar at all or it gets to 37%, gets stuck there and it fails. Why I found even more infuriating is that I contacted Samsung and all they did after they asked me for all this info and screenshots is send me a PDF of the manual. Seriously, WTF Samsung?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@crnflks00: We have a dedicated SmartThings Support Team, therefore I recommend reaching out to them directly via the link below, where an advisor will be able to look into this further for you. 

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb

0 Likes
perttus
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same issue and I finally managed to connect the Soundbar with SmartThings Android app by manually adding Microphone permissions for the app. I didn't prompt it at all, only Location was allowed before.

0 Likes