Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SWA-9000S Speaker Stands

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 05:34 PM)
Mlotsp
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I am looking for speaker stands for the rear speakers that come with the 9000S kit.  Does anyone know of any stands that will fit these speakers.  I am getting confused with Amazon reviews.  There are conflicting reviews as to what will work.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
radioektyf
Student
Options

Hi Mike,

I own this speaker kit myself and was in the same situation earlier this year. After looking around for a while, I purchased these stands (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SANUS-Adjustable-Height-Speaker-Stand/dp/B002HZHUCW) and they work great! For more info and important tips regarding fixings, check out my detailed review on the Amazon listing. Go into the Customer images section further down the page, then See all customer images, and click on the photo at the end of the second row (a close-up of a bracket with a beige floor protector pad). That will bring up my review in full with a few more photos. 🙂 Hope it'll all makes sense. Good luck.

Regards,
Ondrej M. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
radioektyf
Student
Options

Hi Mike,

I own this speaker kit myself and was in the same situation earlier this year. After looking around for a while, I purchased these stands (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SANUS-Adjustable-Height-Speaker-Stand/dp/B002HZHUCW) and they work great! For more info and important tips regarding fixings, check out my detailed review on the Amazon listing. Go into the Customer images section further down the page, then See all customer images, and click on the photo at the end of the second row (a close-up of a bracket with a beige floor protector pad). That will bring up my review in full with a few more photos. 🙂 Hope it'll all makes sense. Good luck.

Regards,
Ondrej M. 

0 Likes
Mlotsp
First Poster
Options

Hi Ondrej,

What a coincidence!  I ordered these exact stands from Amazon last week!  They will be delivered Tuesday.  Thank you for responding to my post.  This is exactly the information I was looking for and is EXTREMELY helpful!  Your pictures on Amazon will be very helpful when the time comes for me to set up these speakers.  The floor mat is a fantastic idea.  It sounds like you are "picky" like me. 😀  Thanks again for your response.  This confirms the stands will work with the 9000S, and your tricks about the setup are priceless!

Thanks again,

Mike

0 Likes
radioektyf
Student
Options

Hey Mike,

You're very welcome. At the time, I went through tons of reviews myself and tried to dig up some concrete info about the compatibility, so I know very well how valuable these tips can be, which is why I decided to post my review on Amazon. Even if it helps just one person, it's worth doing! 🙂

Yes, I'm definitely a picky perfectionist and totally get where you're coming from. 😃 

Regarding the fixing, for each stand you will need 1 x flat-head M4 bolt (25mm in length is plenty; small head), 2 x M4 nut (or 3, to be safe), 2 x washer (to fit one on each side of the bracket). I used the L-shaped type bracket (2 round holes + 1 oval in the middle - as per the review) and I drove the bolt for the speaker through the top hole. That way it leaves plenty of room for the speaker to hang, which can then lean against the bracket and the protector pad (optional). 

Pulling the cables through the poles was a bit trickier. First, tape the wires together (electrical tape is ideal) as they can bend and get stuck inside the tube because it tightens towards the end. Then, find a piece of string long enough and drive it through one half at a time (doing the entire length in one go was a struggle). Once done, you can tie one end of the string to the cable but try to keep the knot as small as possible so it passes through the cut-out at the top of the pole easily. The rest is self-explanatory and you should complete the assembly/setup with no issues. 

With regards to the SWA-9000S themselves, I highly recommend playing around with the volume levels to match your room requirement -- mines are on -5 as I have them right behind the sofa. More importantly and assuming your Samsung soundbar has the same function, turn off the DRC (aka night mode) as explained in this (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/hw650-and-swa-9000-rear-speakers-too-loud/td-p/74234...) thread! It's on by default, and you will immediately hear an improvement. 

For music, I always use the Standard sound mode as it's the closest to a stereo effect; for movies, I use strictly Surround; for games, my soundbar automatically switches to Game (enhanced bass and environment noises) and that sounds decent but you can change it to Surround if you want. 

That's it from me. Enjoy your new surround sound system! 😎

All the best,

Ondrej

Mlotsp
First Poster
Options

Hi Ondrej.  I set up the speakers today and followed your instructions. I am very happy!  As you can see in the picture, the fix is exactly what you recommended.  Even the floor pad. 😁 Thanks again!

20200919_145038.jpg

0 Likes