Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWA-9000S Compatibility with a HW-Q60T Soundbar,

(Topic created on: 03-06-2021 08:35 PM)
John2020
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I've had the HW-Q60T/ZG sound bar for a little while and decided to add a set of SWA-9000S/EN wireless rear speakers. How ever they will not pair up, they try for a couple of seconds and then both blue and red LED's blink in unison.

I've tried Samsung Support on 0333 000 0333, who ran me though some reset procedures but to no avail. As the speakers were purchased under 28 days I was to contact my supplier ( Grooves.Land ). Groove.Land have come back to me with :-

"So after a bit of research I found that the Rear Speakers SWA-9000S are not
compatible with the Soundbar HW-Q60T/ZG
The compatible speakers for your sound bar would be the Rear Speakers
SWA-8500S"

The 8500's are a dicontinued line ???

So if Groove's are correct a 2020 sound bar is not compatible with a set of 2020 wireless rear speakers, and I've been unable to find any thing to the contrary though any of the Samsung sites.

Help anyone..

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
magoo28
Apprentice
Options

Yep i also was looking for the rear speakers, then find out that the new soundbar for 2020, the rearss are discontinued, wonderer if samsung will do a firnware update

0 Likes
JWard
First Poster
Options

Any updates here?

0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Following this thread as I'm looking at the Q60t bar. I have the MS550 bar paired to the 9000s rears currently and was looking for a Dolby Atmos upgrade and link up my 2019 rears.

Currently, here's my pairing procedure:

Turn off Soundbar 

Press the ID Set on back of Rear receiver (blue flash) 

Hold down the Soundbar Remote Volume button until ID Set appears

Allow pairing

Turn on Soundbar, put rear receiver back in place

Let me know if this works at all. Good luck 🤞
0 Likes