Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Surround speakers Samsung swa-9000s/en discontinued? Will there be a replacement?

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 03:46 PM)
Achemson2003
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,
I just bought and installed a new Samsung hw-Q70T soundbar, which is a 3.1.2 model. I specifically bought this soundbar so I could expand it into a 5.1 system with the rear speakers suggested in the manual or in the site of Samsung, the SWA-9000s/en ones. The problem is, I started realizing that they are out of stock everywhere in my country (Greece) so I called Samsung here and they said that the speakers are no longer produced by Samsung, so I should buy them from somewhere as long as stock remains. How is it possible to officially suggest pairing a newer soundbar with speakers that are discontinued? 
Does anyone know anything about it, or if there will be a replacement model?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Achemson2003: Sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding the SWA-9000s wireless surround speakers in your region. I've had a look into this, and the speakers have not been discontinued, as they are currently available to purchase on the UK site: https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-accessories/wireless-rear-speaker-swa-9000s-swa-9000s-xu/

If there is currently no stock availability in Greece, then it would be worth checking your options via reputable third party retailers. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Achemson2003
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your response. It is weird that the Greek Samsung representative said that then. I will try to order them online!

Thanks again. 

0 Likes
MikeP58
Apprentice
Options

This is n correct. Your link takes me to the Samsungvwebsite, offering these speakers at £219. But when you click on ‘show stockists’, a message appears that there are NO STOCK available at all! I am bloody annoyed - I have bought the HW-Q80R soundbar less than 10 months ago, as I wanted to add the rear speakers you advertised as a major benefit at a later date. But now Samsung have apparently discontinued them without warning and no explanation. Please can someone tell me why Samsung have done this? 

0 Likes
Mauler1
First Poster
Options

Is there a definite answer on the 9000s rear speaker issue? I too have just bought a Sam’s ITV and soundbar , only to find you can’t get the additional speakers.

I am not happy!!!!😤😤😤

Lee Simkin
Student
Options

Andrew I bought a Q800T two weeks ago and like others here the plan was to then add rear speakers. There is zero stock in the UK from Samsung and their answer is set up a stock alert.  Can someone actually confirm if this product has been withdrawn or there will be stock in the UK shortly.  If I can't get a definitive answer frustratingly I'll be returning the soundbar for a refund.

As a Samsung fan I have a Samsung TV, phone, and bought what I thought was their latest mid range soundbar so very frustrating there appears to be no way to make this a full surround system.

0 Likes
MikeP58
Apprentice
Options

I had a stock alert from Samsung and - surprisingly - these then turned up. Much more expensive than before - @ £219.00! - but at least I now have them. They appear to be releasing one or two packets a week in the UK. 

Ludicrous pricing but they do add to the sound of the Q80R which is what i have. 

0 Likes
Lee Simkin
Student
Options

Mike good to hear you managed to get some. I have a week to be successful before I’ll need to return my sound bar so here’s hoping

0 Likes
Kyblaw
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue, having bought also in January 2021 the soundbar Q8000T...

Did u manage to find any solution?

0 Likes
Kyblaw
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue, having bought also in January 2021 the same soundbar Q8000T...

Did u manage to find any solution?

0 Likes