Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Connect doesn't detect HW-Q90R soundbar

(Topic created on: 27-06-2020 04:15 PM)
Nulheim
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased recently a HW-Q90R soundbar, and after installing it seems impossible to connect with my iphone's spotify connect.

I have installed fw 1008 in soundbar and in subwoofer & rear speakers following the samsung's web intructions. SmartThings app shows 1008 version and the soundbar is properly added and connected to the same wifi network of my iphone. I can play spotify songs with bluetooth, but I cannot use Spotify Connect because the soundbar doesn't appear in the spotify's devices list, even with the soundbar in Wifi input. I have disable the option "Show only local devices", and my account is premium. With my computer and with my previous Yamaha receiver the Spotify Connect works flawlessly.

I have resetted the router, reinstalled spotify, reinstalled smartthings app (and granted all permissions it asks for), remove and re-add the soundbar to smarthings app, select Wifi input, and nothing.

Can you help me to make this soundbar works with spotify connect? Thanks!!

76 REPLIES 76
ZeusyZeus
Journeyman
Options
Hey yeah thanks for far everything seems to be working fine appreciate the help. Hopefully it lasts few others continued having the issue afterward. Thanks again!
jay26
Student
Options

First time trying to use spotify connect on my HW-Q90r.

Did all the steps apart from the ip address.

Opened up spotify app, played a song and in devices it was their as an option, but alas requires premium users only.

My other option in devices is my shied android tv which i can use my tablet/phone as a remote .

- Turn off soundbar

- Remove soundbar from smartthings

- changed the ip-address reservation for the soundbar (not sure if this was necessary).

- Turn on soundbar, now press - and + buttons at the same time (on the device not your remote) until

- INIT appears, then BYE and the soundbar turns off.

- Turn on soundbar

- Go into smarthings and add the soundbar again (you will notice this time it will ask for wifi settings).

- Soundbar shows up in spotify again.

Gil80
Pioneer
Options

tried everything but I'm getting 'Premium users only' message.

Screenshot_20200627-235851_Spotify.png

0 Likes
jay26
Student
Options

you need to pay for a premium spotify subscription to use the soundbar with spotify connect

Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Hi,

Spotify connect only works with premium account paid memberships not the free account if that's what you mean
0 Likes
Gil80
Pioneer
Options

since when?

I thought that this was the problem people were experiencing when they were not able to use Spotify with the soundbar?

Then how come I'm able to stream to other devices? 

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Hi again,

That all depends on with what & how you are streaming / connecting to those devices?

Spotify connect doesnt actually stream from 1 device to another like bluetooth or wifi direct does but it streams directly from spotify servers directly to that specific device.

Hope this helps, if you are still having trouble i will try to help the best i can.
0 Likes
Gil80
Pioneer
Options

Ok.

I thought I could use the WiFi feature to stream music in higher quality, like FLAC.

I can stream via bluetooth, though, but that wasn't my intent.

It's a shame the smartthings app doesn't list spotify in the list.

0 Likes
TolgaAkcan
First Poster
Options

SOLVED

The problem due to 5 GHz Wi-Fi network you need to turn it off and let it connect through 2.4 GHz. That will start to appear on your device menu..

0 Likes
TolgaAkcan
First Poster
Options

SOLVED

The problem due to 5 GHz Wi-Fi network you need to turn it off and let it connect through 2.4 GHz. That will start to appear on your device menu

0 Likes