Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Connect doesn't detect HW-Q90R soundbar

(Topic created on: 13-06-2020 03:05 PM)
Nulheim
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased recently a HW-Q90R soundbar, and after installing it seems impossible to connect with my iphone's spotify connect.

I have installed fw 1008 in soundbar and in subwoofer & rear speakers following the samsung's web intructions. SmartThings app shows 1008 version and the soundbar is properly added and connected to the same wifi network of my iphone. I can play spotify songs with bluetooth, but I cannot use Spotify Connect because the soundbar doesn't appear in the spotify's devices list, even with the soundbar in Wifi input. I have disable the option "Show only local devices", and my account is premium. With my computer and with my previous Yamaha receiver the Spotify Connect works flawlessly.

I have resetted the router, reinstalled spotify, reinstalled smartthings app (and granted all permissions it asks for), remove and re-add the soundbar to smarthings app, select Wifi input, and nothing.

Can you help me to make this soundbar works with spotify connect? Thanks!!

76 REPLIES 76
GodSella
First Poster
Options

Does the soundbar needed to be updated again (the firmware) after that? 

0 Likes
GodSella
First Poster
Options
Does it need to be updated again? (the firmware)
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Hi,

No I don't think it should no.
Hope this helps 🙂
0 Likes
ZeusyZeus
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue I can’t believe it never got fixed.
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options

Hi, 

If your still having an issue...

1. Remove the soundbar from smartthings.

2. Reset soundbar.

3. Set it up again in smartthings.

4. Login to your wifi router & set the soundbar to always use the same IP address.

& Finally i think you may need to uninstall & reinstall the spotify app then the problem should be fixed 🙂

ZeusyZeus
Journeyman
Options
Thanks but how do I set my sound bar in my router settings? I have an Orbi.
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Usually open an internet browser & go to: http://192.168.1.254 & login with your router admin details.

You should find the soundbar in wireless connections
0 Likes
ZeusyZeus
Journeyman
Options

I found the sound bar but no idea how to give it a static ip address I don’t see any options.

UPDATE: Ok I think I figured it out I went to LAN setup then under address reservation I added the sound bar (I think it's the sound bar I have multiple Samsung devices). Going to test it out. 

0 Likes
ZeusyZeus
Journeyman
Options
Also how do I know which op address the sound bar is on? I have multiple Samsung devices showing on the list. I went to information in smart things app and it doesn’t show anything.
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Sounds like you have got it