Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Connect doesn't detect HW-Q90R soundbar

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 10:05 AM)
Nulheim
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased recently a HW-Q90R soundbar, and after installing it seems impossible to connect with my iphone's spotify connect.

I have installed fw 1008 in soundbar and in subwoofer & rear speakers following the samsung's web intructions. SmartThings app shows 1008 version and the soundbar is properly added and connected to the same wifi network of my iphone. I can play spotify songs with bluetooth, but I cannot use Spotify Connect because the soundbar doesn't appear in the spotify's devices list, even with the soundbar in Wifi input. I have disable the option "Show only local devices", and my account is premium. With my computer and with my previous Yamaha receiver the Spotify Connect works flawlessly.

I have resetted the router, reinstalled spotify, reinstalled smartthings app (and granted all permissions it asks for), remove and re-add the soundbar to smarthings app, select Wifi input, and nothing.

Can you help me to make this soundbar works with spotify connect? Thanks!!

76 REPLIES 76
vietpham
First Poster
Options

For me to have Spotify work again, I have to reset soundbar by pressing 10 seconds button "settings" on the remote and re-link it in SmartThings app.

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
hi, you need to go into your router settings & set the soundbar to use the same static IP address. then set it it up again 🙂 i wrote a post with further information on what to do. hope this helps.
0 Likes
duscs83
First Poster
Options

Thanks - fixing the IP to static for the soundbar fixes this. 

Mine stopped working when router was reset and DHCP reassigned a new IP over the network but smart things app still has old IP address logged prior to router reset. 

In device settings in Smart Things for soundbar - note the IP address in brackets. Fix this as a static IP for the soundbar in your router settings. Then reset router. Then reinstall smart things app and everything works. 

0 Likes
Jussi1
Journeyman
Options
Yes fixed ip works for a few days and then the device disappears again until the soundbar is restarted. Samsung needs to fix this properly, restarting the soundbar is not a solution!
0 Likes
Kylrad
Journeyman
Options

Hi Jussi1,

Have you followed the steps from 

0 Likes
Jussi1
Journeyman
Options
Yes I tried that, and Spotify connect soundbar is remembered by devices that manage to discover it, but if a new device enters the wifi network, they can't discover the soundbar after a while, just like before setting the static ip.
0 Likes
Kylrad
Journeyman
Options

So, last night I recieved the new 1010.5  firmware update for my HW-Q90R.

Spotify has been working fine for months since we've done all this troubleshooting.

Now suddenly I couldn't find my device in spotify anymore but I did manage to fix it again with these steps:

- Turn off soundbar

- Remove soundbar from smartthings

- changed the ip-address reservation for the soundbar (not sure if this was necessary).

- Turn on soundbar, now press - and + buttons at the same time (on the device not your remote) until

- INIT appears, then BYE and the soundbar turns off.

- Turn on soundbar

- Go into smarthings and add the soundbar again (you will notice this time it will ask for wifi settings).

- Soundbar shows up in spotify again.

BenTyso
First Poster
Options

Dandee you are a star.

Checked the details in Device Settings > Network Statis in the SmartThings app (an oxymoron if you ask me) and found the ending numbers of the IP address in brackets. It was different to the IP address showing in Google wifi. Changed the google wifi IP address and restarted the sound bar. The bloody thing has come back online for Spotify. 

0 Likes
DDe1979
First Poster
Options

I've had the exact same issue (soundbar dissapearing in Spotify) a few times now since I have bought the HW-Q90R soundbar several months ago. It looks quite possible to me that it is initiated by automatic firmware upgrades. But the important thing is how to resolve this issue, right :winking-face:

At first I've managed to solve it by performing the following steps:

• Remove the soundbar from the Smart Things App
  • Put DHCP-reservation (static IP address) in your network-router for the soundbar, so that it always has the same IP-address.
    Method for this is router-specific. Often it can be done from a list with connected devices.
  • Factory reset the soundbar (with one of the following methods)

With remote control:
    - Turn on Soundbar
    - Select HDMI1 source
    - Press and hold [Sound Mode] button for 5 seconds -> Display: 'TV Speaker'
    - Press and hold [Settings] button for 10 seconds -> Display: 'Ini'

On Soundbar:
    - Turn on Soundbar
    - Select D.IN source
    - Press and hold [-] and [+] buttons simultaniously for 10 seconds -> Display: 'Ini'

• Re-initialize soundbar with Smart things App and re-connect to wifi.
  • Soundbar appeared in Spotify again!

Although this worked it turned out to be a cumbersome manner, because last time I found out it could be solved a lot easier, without a factory reset. So try the following method first and use the method above if this doesn't seem to work:

• Turn off the soundbar
  • Disconnect power cord from soundbar (forcing to reconnect to wifi later, just turning off isn't enough)
  • Change DHCP-reservation (static IP address) in your network-router for the soundbar, if you have one (I don't know if this is required, but I did it).
  • Connect power cord to soundbar
  • Turn on soundbar
  • Soundbar appeared in Spotify again!

I was very annoyed by this problem before I could solve it, so I hope this will help anyone to enjoy the incredible sound of your favorite music again :winking-face:

0 Likes
deemr
First Poster
Options
Did everything on your list (except step 3 with IP changing) and Spotify can detect soundbar again ❤️ Thank you Kylrad!
0 Likes