Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Connect doesn't detect HW-Q90R soundbar

(Topic created on: 29-03-2020 02:35 AM)
Nulheim
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased recently a HW-Q90R soundbar, and after installing it seems impossible to connect with my iphone's spotify connect.

I have installed fw 1008 in soundbar and in subwoofer & rear speakers following the samsung's web intructions. SmartThings app shows 1008 version and the soundbar is properly added and connected to the same wifi network of my iphone. I can play spotify songs with bluetooth, but I cannot use Spotify Connect because the soundbar doesn't appear in the spotify's devices list, even with the soundbar in Wifi input. I have disable the option "Show only local devices", and my account is premium. With my computer and with my previous Yamaha receiver the Spotify Connect works flawlessly.

I have resetted the router, reinstalled spotify, reinstalled smartthings app (and granted all permissions it asks for), remove and re-add the soundbar to smarthings app, select Wifi input, and nothing.

Can you help me to make this soundbar works with spotify connect? Thanks!!

76 REPLIES 76
Mrsubject
Explorer
Options
Thanks dandee!
You moved me to the right path :smiling-face:
Instead of simply restart the soundbar I have done a full reset (pressing 10 seconds button "settings" on the remote).

- deinstall Spotify
- delete soundbar from smartthings
- reset soundbar
- add soundbar to smartthings
- change to static ip adress in the router settings
- reinstall Spotify

= Spotify connect is available again :smiling-face:

Thanks!
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Nice 1! Thats awesome 😛 am glad i could help, you shouldnt have any problems with it now hopefully.

Any further problems, dont hesitate from asking or drop me a message
0 Likes
Ellroe
Apprentice
Options

Stays still the problem with the loud volume.....

I hate the soundbar....only the sound is good 😪

MrMolok
First Poster
Options

Couldn't agree more, when I read AndrewL's reply it was obvious that we wouldn't get any help from official site.

This soundbar is not compatible with the multi room app, so the suggested solution is useless.

I have fought with this very same issue for weeks now, and will try to solution suggested by a user to reserve an IP address for the soundbar in my router.

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Glad I could help! 🙂 was so annoying & stressed me out, I don't usually post in forums but as i could not find any help on this at the time i thought i need to share my discovery with others & save alot of people looseing their marbles like i almost did!

Regards
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
you can set volume restriction levels if you install an app called "Sound Assistant" samsung electronics. handy little app with advanced audio features 🙂
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
You can set up multiroom using amazon's alexa. not sure about google's assistant as not tried with that but managed it using alexa. group devices & create a scene for a command, "Alexa - Play music Everywhere!" hope this helps, if not let me know & will run through full process
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
oh... You need to find & enable skill "Samsung Audio" first. I no longer use any samsung apps on my phone including smart things. all devices controlled by Alexa with skills enabled. much better capabilities
Rene30
Student
Options

Does Spotify app also work with iPhone ? 

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
what relevance does this have to this feed? are you having issues with Q90R Soundbar & Spotify?
0 Likes