Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbars Freezing

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 11:21 PM)
Relentless312
First Poster
Options

Hello,

So I have both a Samsung HW-Q900A and a HW-Q70T soundbar set up to separate TVs and use new 4K Apple TV’s as main means of watching content. I use apple remote to control both set ups. See them both as bellow.

1: Apple TV -HDMI> Samsung Q80T -eARC HDMI> HW-Q70T.

2: Apple TV -HDMI> HW900A -eARC HDMI> LG C1

both of these set ups are having the same problem. 1-2 times a week, I will be able to turn on the TV, Soundbars, and Apple TV. However the Soundbars will be “unresponsive”. Can’t control volume. No sound will play and both tv revert to built in speakers. Both will either be stuck displaying “eARC” or “HDMI1”. Their respective Samsung specific remotes will also not work. Buttons on the soundbar also tend not to work. Occasionally the power buttons will, but problem will persist when turned back on. Only way I can fix is to unplug which will temporarily fix the issue for a few days to a week.

I recently added Apple TV’s to both of above set ups, but worked well for a few weeks before problem. TVs and soundbars worked great prior. 
I also installed smart things app and updated firmware of both soundbars around the same time problem started. 

Any help with my current situation would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

Soundbar - Connect to TV with HDMI and more

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049272/
0 Likes
NEBV
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with a HW-Q900A/XY. I'm also trying to use bluetooth, and it happens with that as well as HDMI, so it's definitely an issue with the soundbar and not other devices or connection types. Clearly there is a common fault with this particular model. I got a list of checks from Samsung two days ago (including software updates, which there were none, and checking HDMI cables etc), and spent an hour on chat with Samsung help yesterday where they additionally asked me to check power cables, even though power was not the issue. The instructions they gave me to update software were appalling as well - you have to download to a laptop, put on a memory stick, and then plug into the device. In this day and age with cloud backup I don't even have a memory stick, nor do I have a laptop in which I can use one (due to company security profiles), so how it doesn't have over-the-air updates I don't know. They now want me to take it to a service centre, the nearest being a 200km round trip, and are saying if they can't find an issue I will be charged for inspecting it. Given it doesn't happen every time it's switched on (for me it started as maybe every 2-3 weeks, and now is pretty much weekly, including last night) I don't know how they'll be able to recreate the fault in a 30 minute inspection, and so driving 2 hours and having to pay for the privilege isn't really palatable to me. Really poor service from Samsung, I would have expected better. I've now raised with the retailer to ask for a replacement - let's see how that goes, but under Australian Consumer Law they are responsible for it.

0 Likes
Relentless312
First Poster
Options

Sorry you’re having the same problem! I ended up factory resetting both soundbars. After reset did not add them to smart things app/connect them to wifi or update the firmware…it’s been a few months and have worked flawlessly since with both my set ups! Both TVs are up to date with their firmware along with the Apple TV’s. Not sure if it helps, but driving all that way for the risk of it not being reproducible during that time AND being charged for it is not worth it. 

0 Likes
NEBV
First Poster
Options

Kind of defeats the purpose of having smart devices with wifi control via the app! But I’ll try that and see how it goes. My only concern is that it fails again and the warranty runs out in 3 weeks (although Australian Consumer Law wouldn’t see that as an issue).

0 Likes
userjy
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem with the HW900A. About once a week, I have to unplug to reset the soundbar. Clearly a defect in the firmware.

Samsung, is there a known f/w fix for this? You should root-cause this issue and step up and fix it immediately. As much as we paid for this soundbar, that should be a no-brainer. 

0 Likes
Cy6
First Poster
Options

I have just encountered a similar issue on my q990b. Soundbar display stuck in tv e-arc mode even though it has been completely disconnected. I am also unable to factory reset it. Held down both volume buttons for centuries and it does nothing.

ryllini
Student
Options

I’m having the exact same issue but on the Q700A it won’t even let me do a reset. It’s just stock on eARC. Was stuck on HDMI

0 Likes
ryllini
Student
Options

I can’t get factory reset to work. How did you do it. Tried both volume buttons. Holding power. Holding gear button on remote. Nothing. 

0 Likes
ryllini
Student
Options

I’m having the exact same issue with Q700A. Can’t reset either. 

0 Likes